Csa

I'm just woundering if any one can help my partner son started apprenticeship doing 21 hrs a week and earning 30 pounds a week, would my partner still have to pay csa we've tried contacting child maintenance it's like talking to a brick wall there saying cause he hasn't got his password or 7 digit number they can't go no further but he never even set up a password or a 7 digit number with them before

Comments

• The CSA doesn't exist anymore.

Child maintenance is payable until the child is 20. Is that a problem for your partner?
    Overactively underachieving for almost half a century
  • sammyjammy
    sammyjammy Posts: 7,377 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    If the child is truely only earning £30 a week surely the right thing to do is keep paying maintenance, he is hardly going to be giving this money to his resident parent is he?
    "You've been reading SOS when it's just your clock reading 5:05 "
  • Child maintenance stops when child benefit stops.

If child benefit is still in payment then maintenance continues.

You would need to find out if the apprentenship they are doing is of a type where child benefit is still payable. Foundation apprentenship for example.
  • Trying to talk to child maintenance is like talking to a brick wall, why would it be a problem I just asked a question
  • Why give money to a !!!!ed up alcoholic that never even there for her son, he would rather he had the money than her
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure