Paypal Direct Debits

Just tried to move money into Paypal by direct debit (in order to meet the min 2 dd requirements), and the option to move money by dd seems to have disappeared from Paypal. Has anyone else noticed this?

Comments

• Shakin_Steve
    Shakin_Steve Posts: 2,695
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I've never tried to set up a payment to PP, they take it from my linked credit card on a purchase by purchase basis. But I'm pretty sure that you would set up a standing order to fund your account, not a direct debit. A direct debit would have to be set up by PayPal as you can't do it yourself.
    Sorry if I'm mistaken, but it just seems to me that's the way it would work.
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
  • Thanks, but you used to be able to fund paypal via direct debit - I used this (as have others) as a direct debit to meet the minimum 2 per month requirement on current accounts, so a SO would not work
  • Shakin_Steve
    Shakin_Steve Posts: 2,695
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Thanks, but you used to be able to fund paypal via direct debit - I used this (as have others) as a direct debit to meet the minimum 2 per month requirement on current accounts, so a SO would not work
    Sorry....I obviously misunderstood.
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,695
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Has your DD lapsed ? I have not used my DD for a long time. I just tried to move money in and it just showed the instructions how to FP from bank to PP. I then went back to PP summary, clicked on the bank account and it had "DD instruction" and a "complete set up" link.
  • Just tried to move money into Paypal by direct debit (in order to meet the min 2 dd requirements), and the option to move money by dd seems to have disappeared from Paypal. Has anyone else noticed this?

Same had happened to me. The ability to make these manual DD requests stopped for me just over a month ago though the facility was still showing on the page. Every time I tried I received an error message.
    Today however, the facility has completely been removed from my account. Where I used to select 'add funds' i would be given two options...to add via FP or via DD....now it's only via FP.
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,867
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Yep - same for me. PayPal are no longer allowing funding by direct debit.
  • glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    very strange, that's how paypal works when you add a bank account
  • Robisere
    Robisere Posts: 3,237
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I have never used the DD facility on PP over several years of having an account, but do recall it being an option at initial setup. I have both cards and bank account setup to use on a purchase-by-purchase basis, has always worked for me.

If the option has been removed, I can see that some will be upset.
    I think this job really needs
    a much bigger hammer.
  • glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Robisere wrote: »
    I have never used the DD facility on PP over several years of having an account, but do recall it being an option at initial setup. I have both cards and bank account setup to use on a purchase-by-purchase basis, has always worked for me.

If the option has been removed, I can see that some will be upset.

That's a direct debit
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,458
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    very strange, that's how paypal works when you add a bank account

They now offer details about how to make a payment via your bank account.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure