PPI on Store card delayed decisions

Options

Comments

• Kezzab198
    Options
    Mersey wrote: »
    However, as you may have seen in recent days on other threads, there does appear to be a current 'hold' specifically in relation to Debenhams' store card claims from the 1990s onwards.

It's only happened in recent days so that probably explains why there's no mention of it on the Santander site.

That’s not necessarily true. I have to separate complaints with Santander, 1 Topshop and 1 River Island pre 2005 and they are both on hold. I complained back in August, they went over the 8 week time frame and was told it was still being investigated it was only last week they told me the complaint was hold. Think there are a few mixed messages going about and to be fair I don’t think the call centre staff realty have any idea what’s going on.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I don’t think the call centre staff realty have any idea what’s going on.

They wouldnt be call centre staff if they did.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Deewm76
    Options
    Mine is not a Debenhams store card ?? Also it was santander themselves who confirmed that all pre 2005 store card complaints are on all on hold and have been so for the past 3 weeks.
  • Kezzab198
    Options
    Deewm76 wrote: »
    Mine is not a Debenhams store card ?? Also it was santander themselves who confirmed that all pre 2005 store card complaints are on all on hold and have been so for the past 3 weeks.

I think they’ve been on hold longer than that my complaint is from end of August and I’m still waiting. I don’t really understand the process with Axa as thought Santander had set money aside for PPI claims.
  • dunstonh
    Options
    The issue is to work out who, if anyone, has liability for these complaints as they are pre-regulation.

The suggestion is that Santander seem to believe that they are not liable for these.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Kezzab198
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »
    The suggestion is that Santander seem to believe that they are not liable for these.

I get that but since they’ve already paid out on pre regulation store cards till now. What’s changed in last couple of weeks?
  • dunstonh
    Options
    Kezzab198 wrote: »
    I get that but since they’ve already paid out on pre regulation store cards till now. What’s changed in last couple of weeks?

Legal opinions can change. These then need investigating.
  • pieman6
    pieman6 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Had an update from Santander Head Office Complaints, The insurer have agreed the route they intend to follow now and from today 18th December all complaints on hold from August will be provided with a final response. They said it will take some time for the back log to be cleared but i should hear something in the next 3-4 weeks.
    It will be interesting to see what change of stance they have decided to take for all pre 2005 complaints
  • EOP
    EOP Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you very much for updating us all. Much appreciated
  • sharkam
    Options
    Thanks for that info, I called them yesterday before reading this for an update and was told that the insurance companies were still in talks, so they obviously lied!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure