This Duo's debt free journey

Options

Comments

• DebtFreeDuo
    Options
    Thank you all so much, I will need all the luck I can get! timetobefrugal I have some G&Ts already in the house, I will be consuming 1 or 2 afterwards.

Bit of good news yesterday, DS' Dad will be sending me some money over from a tax refund (either £100 or £150), I haven't received anything from him for well over a year as he just refuses to get a part time job outside of his very part time studies. I think I will use this to add a little on to the Christmas budget for DS and then leave the rest in the bank to cover other day to day bills and try and keep the overdraft down as much as possible.
    Change the way you see things and the things you see will change
  • DebtFreeDuo
    Options
    Just done my first amazon pantry order, £5 off over £30 and free delivery with 4 selected items. Total cost £27.49 (all vouchers so nothing from my actual account) and it includes one Christmas present (£11 spirit) and some chocolates towards my mums birthday present! I also shouldn't need any household stuff (detergent, toilet roll, shampoo etc) for the next month which will help with the food budget as I usually combine them.

(I know, I know, I shoud be revising!)
  • Willowtree222
    Options
    That's fab though! And you got a gift with that as well. X
    Did you manage some revising? X
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • DebtFreeDuo
    DebtFreeDuo Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 10 November 2017 at 10:13PM
    Options
    I did a little, I don't know whats wrong with me at the moment, I don't know all the content that I need to know for the test but I don't care that I don't know it, I actually feel like I really couldn't care about I do and I really need to snap out of it!

Finally cashed out on PA, £21.20 will be on its way on Tuesday!
  • DebtFreeDuo
    Options
    Not much to add, huge to do list for this week though! Today I spent £14 on a top up shop, lowest it has ever been and even included a nice pizza. Should be ok for food until at least mid week where I might need more milk.

This week

Assignment for IM module
    Assignment for AS module
    Assignment for FC module
    Assignment for TM module
    Flashcards for all modules in preparation for January exams

It is unlikely that all of this will get finished this week, 2 of them have to be submitted this week so will have to be completed. Will break this down further into days as the week goes on.

Tomorrow

Start IM assignment - try to complete and submit
    Look at Christmas list - 6 presents left to get some of which I will get with my nectar points in the double up event

• Willowtree222
    Options
    I'm trying to get all presents sorted this week too. It's going to be difficult as my parents are revealing what they would like.

Good luck with the assignments. x

Starting afresh.

• 117pauline
    Options
    Hi Duo

Sorry I missed wishing you good luck for your exam. Was it yesterday? I hope it went well.

I'm impressed with the Amazon Pantry order. Sounds as though you really planned it well. I always get a kick out of beating the supermarket/Amazon. I'm sad in that I actually note my savings.

Studying - planning, that's where it's at. A good plan will save a lot of heartache if you mind map all your ideas and formulate the assignment from there. Small chunks, 20 minutes or so then a short break....How else are you supposed to eat the elephant?

And see if you can plan some rewards for each part completed. I was the world's worst procrastinator and I had to reward myself with time on the net etc. I always wanted a star chart too.

Good luck, honey
    Pauline
    Don't get it perfect - Get it going
    Better Than Before
  • DebtFreeDuo
    Options
    The shops are already getting chaotic, I think Christmas has hit all the shops this weekend. Thank you Nicnak and well done for the car, you must be feeling extremely proud of yourself for biting the bullet and getting it all sorted.

Thank you Pauline, it was today and I did pretty bad on it but I can pull it back on other work in the module. I also love beating the shops with some of the deals they offer, I've just told my mum about the pantry offer as she has loads in amazon vouchers that she has earned through swagbucks. I note my bigger savings in my spreadsheet as I started the year aiming to make/save £2017 this year, I'm a little over half way.

I've bought myself my flashcards to help with my studying and treated myself to some new pens (all different colours) that I'm really excited to use so I think they will help to keep me motivated. I like the small chunks idea, I think I work better like that, I will try it out tomorrow, reward myself with one episode on Netflix for every hour or so of work I get done as I usually just waste my sundays as DS isn't with me.
  • Willowtree222
    Options
    Rewarding is a great idea. It's something I always do when marking. I mark in 5s now, and have a reward after each 5. It really does work.

You're like me with stationery. A bit of a fanatic! I had some beautiful pens that students borrowed and inevitably, didn't see that they were well thought of by me and lost them, broke them etc.

Sorry the exam didn't go so well. The modules will pull you up like you said.

How is your evening? I'm having some chocolate and alcohol as a little reward for me. x

Starting afresh.

• DebtFreeDuo
    Options
    Are you a teacher Nicnak? I'm quite protective over some of my stationery, normal pens and paper I'm not but the stuff that I really like I would be more protective over.

The exam is my own fault although I feel more motivated now so all in all its not such a bad thing, its only worth10% of that particular module.

My evening is not too bad, DS has only just gone to bed but because I missed my only full day with him I don't mine him having a late one. I considered pouring myself a G&T but I'm not really in the mood. You deserve chocolate and alcohol after such a big day!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure