jSA CHRISTMAS 2012 PAYMENTS

Comments

• Druagh
    Druagh Posts: 93 Forumite
    Dark_Bark wrote: »
    Because the job centre will be closed from Monday 24th December until 7th January...

Jobcentres are not closed for the whole of this period. Most English JCs are closed 24th, 25th, 26th December and 1st January.

Scotland will have the 2nd January, not sure if they will be shut on the 24th.

People have been excused signing on some of the other days, but Jobcentres are not shut.

Druagh
  • Hmm71
    Hmm71 Posts: 479 Forumite
    Morglin wrote: »
    I recieve (and have done for years) IB/DLA paid through my bank (NatWest).

My husband recieves a state pension.

The payment dates are always early on Christmas/New Year (this dates back to payment books, when pensions etc., could be cashed early this time of year).

The bank clear the payment the day it actually 'hits' the account.

As I say, this is with NatWest, but I would imagine all banks work the same.

Lin :)

Lin, do you know if your husband will be getting any pension payments early this year? My husband was wondering whether any of his state penion will be paid early but I don't think they will. He's due to be paid 24th December and 31st December but I told him I think those payments will just be paid on the normal dates as they are not Bank Holidays.
    But he never believes anything I tell him :(

(Sorry for hijacking the thread OP)
  • CURLYDAVE_2
    CURLYDAVE_2 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 13 December 2012 at 11:08AM
    Hi All!

I understand all of the above, but am a little confused about my own situation (and the JC don't even know the answer!!).
    I am due to sign on next on the 26 Dec (Boxing Day) but have been excused, naturally!, and my next signing on date is 9 Jan.
    What I need to know is,.. when will the Boxing Day payment 'hit' my account? The payment cannot be triggered/sent on Mon 24,Tue 25 or Wed 26 as the JC will be closed. My next payment (after this weeks) would normally go into my account on Saturday the 29th Dec, but how can that be if it needs 3 days to clear/process??
    Confused.com, and so are the Job Centre!!
  • i sign on the 20th when will i get paid? :(
  • sotonbod wrote: »
    i sign on the 20th when will i get paid? :(
    oh must be 21st also :j
  • i was due to sign on christmas eve and receive my payment on 27th but i dont have to go back until 7th jan. my advisor is a misery and didnt mention getting the payment early but im nosy and was earwigging when the advisor next to mine told his client the payment would be paid early as the job center etc is shut. He didnt say what day but im assuming that applies to me too as i sign the same day as his client:D
    feb wins: tshirt with my slogan on :D 2 tix to london show
  • What usually happens is the following - JCP sign you all early as appropriate and process the payments to hit your bank accounts either early as posted or on their normal days when due.
    This will also apply to state pensions due into the bank on the 24/5/6th and the 1st Jan. Therefore pay the bills as they are due as you would in normal circumstances. That way you will not get into rent arrears or other difficulties. And yes same goes for child benefit and ESA and DLA or any others ones people receive.
  • pcombo
    pcombo Posts: 3,429 Forumite
    Well I signed on yesterday and get paid on the 17th.

My next sign on day was 26 of december which i dont need to sign on, I would get paid on the 31st of december then i dont need to sign on again till 9th of january.

Seems fine to me.
  • Does anyone know if I will get paid early for xmas 2012 I'm due to get paid 28th dec 2012 will I get paid early
  • This is when i'm due to be paid, i was told by the job centre dude that it would be paid into my bank on the 21st but would not clear until the 28th so i wouldn't have my money early, even though the payment goes into the bank early, and if you have a look at the link that somebody put up, it says benefit PAYMENT date, the 28th is not on there as a holiday, so it will go in on the 28th and not before.

Don't rely on this money for Christmas else you could be up the creek without that infamous paddle!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure