Opening BOS accounts

Comments

• Wow over 70?

And I thought I was bad with almost 40 a few years ago.

Any news on the interest rate for these BOS accounts? I can't see them staying at 3%, not when everyone else is reducing theirs.

It's only a matter of time before nationwide drop their flex direct so I got my family members to open one, even if they only keep a bit in it & not the full amount.
  • dave23 wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm that BOS will accept direct debits from Tesco Internet Saver and Tesco Instant Access and you have been credited with monthly interest. I am looking to open an account to put my TSB monthly saver into when it matures end of this month.

I put those very direct debits in place a few months ago after hearing about the requirements.

I don't know when the direct debit requirements come/came into play but I can confirm I got interest paid this month with those direct debits being the only ones on the accounts.
  • jennifernil
    jennifernil Posts: 5,580 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Same here.
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,400 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    And here as well.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,206 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Me too

What will we all do if this facility is ever withdrawn:eek:
  • ratechaser
    ratechaser Posts: 1,674 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Just out of curiosity, do BoS give you the third degree about wanting the 2nd/3rd accounts when you call? I stuck with just the one originally after getting rejected for a 2nd online, but in this new world of interest rates I'd be mad to turn up a home for another 10k at 3%...

It would be worth a few questions about why I want them when I live about 400 miles from the nearest branch, but always nice to be prepared if that is the case!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I'd expect them to tighten their criteria (or simply reduce rates) now with their 2 ugly sister (banks) reducing their rates.

ratechaser wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, do BoS give you the third degree about wanting the 2nd/3rd accounts when you call? I stuck with just the one originally after getting rejected for a 2nd online, but in this new world of interest rates I'd be mad to turn up a home for another 10k at 3%...

It would be worth a few questions about why I want them when I live about 400 miles from the nearest branch, but always nice to be prepared if that is the case!
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,206 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ratechaser wrote: »

It was so long ago I can't remember exactly what I was asked.

I was ready with some reasons for wanting additional accounts though;).
  • 33q
    33q Posts: 43 Forumite
    89....and 2 more planned

you need to be good at Excel for this game
  • 33q
    33q Posts: 43 Forumite
    Does know how quickly you can transfer an account after set up

I have set up an RBS account simply as a platform to get me to an M and S regular saver at 5%

I'm feeding DDs from my Tesco savers
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport