Tesco Bank

Comments

• Just had another e-mail and text about my other Tesco current account ( I have two accounts ) identical to the ones rec earlier this evening
  • Deneb
    Deneb Posts: 420 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    SysExJohn wrote: »
    The number given is not their fraud department, it's their credit card line, according to their web site. I logged into my account and all is okay.

It's also the number stated on their website for Credit Card security and fraud issues, but see also post #5.

I and several other posters have already reported that we have unrecognised transactions showing on our accounts, so why do you think the messages are a scam?
  • Same email and text.

And my available balance is less than correct amount.

Still trying to contact Tesco.

Tired Ted
  • wmb194
    wmb194 Posts: 3,307 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 6 November 2016 at 12:42AM
    Similar story for me with both accounts affected but only one twenty-something amount deducted from the available balance of one account.

Like others, both debit cards have never been used on or offline or registered with other potential attack vectors e.g., PayPal.
  • Archi_Bald
    Archi_Bald Posts: 9,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have had my call answered eventually and have been told that my debit card has now been blocked because someone has spent £21.28 on it. It wasn't me who spent the £21.28, my card has been in my safe ever since I got it in June 2014.

I was told the security team needs to get involved and that they would be contacting me before the end of business on Monday. My debit card would remain blocked until then, and I would be able to transfer out my full balance (£3K), ignoring the pending £21.28, and not be charged any overdraft fees.

The operative said many others had been affected and the security team would sort it all out.

Yeah.

I would recommend you check your actual and your available balance, and if there is any difference that's not down to yourself spending the money, call Tesco Bank to register your complaint
  • I gave up after an hour of listening to music and their repetitive messages.

I gave up because I have a BT call package which, the way I read the terms, only permits calls to this number for free if they last less than an hour. Holding on for an answer may become rather expensive.

Anyway whether I am right or not, thought it may be worth mentioning under the circumstances as different packages probably have different terms.

Ted
  • gazza007
    gazza007 Posts: 248 Forumite
    Not a scam eventually go through after 1:15. Somebody tried to take over 1k on a debit card transaction on one of my accounts while was flying at 36000ft. Serious breach happened here. I would advise anybody with a Tesco current account to check their transactions ASAP as it may have not been picked up and blocked.
  • Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Bake Off Boss!
    gazza007 wrote: »
    Not a scam eventually go through after 1:15. Somebody tried to take over 1k on a debit card transaction on one of my accounts while was flying at 36000ft. Serious breach happened here. I would advise anybody with a Tesco current account to check their transactions ASAP as it may have not been picked up and blocked.

No email or text here, but I've checked my accounts - pending transactions of over £1800 :(

As mentioned earlier in thread, debit cards have never been used.
  • I called the fraud department and after a wait time of approximately 50 minutes was told that there had been an attempted fraudulent debit card transaction on my current account, but that this had been unsuccessful. The adviser said that this a widespread issue that is affecting thousands of customers but at this stage they did not know why. I was told my debit card (unused) would be cancelled and that I would be receiving a further phone call within the next 1 working day.
  • timmy963
    timmy963 Posts: 122 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 6 November 2016 at 4:18AM
    I just got an email and text saying the same thing for one of my current accounts, even though everything seems fine on my online banking. I've also never even used my Tesco debit cards...

I only have a payg mobile so I'll be damned if I'm going to wait an hour for them to pick up the phone. I'll have to call them when I get to work on Monday...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure