Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Options

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry to hear of your virtual sore throat, Z, hope it clears :) and beanie, lovely to hear of the carpet getting laid :D I do like the image of it smoking a cigarette :D
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,269 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Laughing at image of carpet smoking a cigarette. rotfl:

Good to see you Z. :wave:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Keep plodding and enjoying life beanie ;)
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ZTD wrote: »

That's the thing about passports these days, less used for travelling abroad, and more for sailing the seas of Red Tape...

You are good with your friends, so it's not quite "luck".

Passports are more like ID badges , along with driving licence cards.

:j:j:j Woo hoo Zed :hello:
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    Butti wrote: »
    Passports are more like ID badges , along with driving licence cards.

And the formerly proposed ID cards would not have replaced either, so you would have been required to produce a triumvirate of ID card, passport AND drivers license to prove who you are. Yes really!

And the costs of the whole failed fiasco were pushed onto the passport office which is why passports are so expensive these days.
    Butti wrote: »
    :j:j:j Woo hoo Zed :hello:

:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

Hope you're well :kisses3:
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • beanielou
    Options
    Well have to admit defeat tonight.
    Have taken the bedside cabinet out of the box but it is so complicated.
    Oh well, cant win them all.
    Other than that I am done for now.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• ZTD
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Well have to admit defeat tonight.
    Have taken the bedside cabinet out of the box but it is so complicated.
    Oh well, cant win them all.
    Other than that I am done for now.

Is it IKEA furniture?
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • beanielou
    Options
    No Z by George.

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm not bad at flatpacks, beanie, but even I like to start stuff like that when I'm fresh (apart from when I've just moved :) )
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • ZTD
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    I'm not bad at flatpacks, beanie, but even I like to start stuff like that when I'm fresh (apart from when I've just moved :) )

Yep, do it when you're fresh and allocate yourself plenty time.

If you allocate 30 minutes, it'll take six hours as you will rush and not do it right and will have to re-do. Allocate 2 hours, it'll take 40 minutes and that will include 10 minutes looking for section 7 in a six-section manual...

Also, drink plenty tea (with real sugar).
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure