CSA/CMS fiasco HELP URGENTLY needed

Hey

Just need some help and advice on paying out my maintenance to my children's mother.

My payments were clearly set out to me but I will be honest I have not been able to pay the full amount to my fluctuating and bad wages but I pay what I can. I have recently moved to my own place so I can have my 3 children at weekends but I may lose the house due to the high payments and low wages and me paying off existing debt that me and the children's mother had on her house. Yes I have sent them evidence of my low wage and yes I pay the mother direct.

Now the CSA are trying to put on an attachment of earnings on my wages and take out £700 a month to cover costs and to repay back my mossed payments but I only get paid £1000 each month is there anyway I can stop this as they won't until they receive my wage slips in the post which takes ages.

Also I have missed several letters from them as someone either went passed my security questions or someone from CSA had changed my address and contact numbers so I have only been made aware of this recently so can I sue them for data protection reasons??

Any help always welcome and advice desperately needed.

Thank you.

Comments

• CakeCrusader
    CakeCrusader Posts: 1,118 Forumite
    If you've been paying less than the CSA amount (which is the bare minimum by the way), you'll have arrears, no? You will need to clear the arrears in some way, they won't just hang around in limbo and vanish. You can send them copies of your pay slips to show that the amount they are taking will leave you in financial difficulty (you can send these next day delivery, so they don't take ages to get there!) and ask them to reconsider, but you always have the option to get another job.
  • WYSPECIAL
    WYSPECIAL Posts: 633
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    There is a minimum amount they have to leave you each month after the deductions.

If they cannot take the full amount then they will take as much as they can and the rest will roll over.

The problem however will not go away. Try to negotiate a longer period to repay your arrears
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure