Will CMS payment be affected by marriage allowance payment

ajp2009
ajp2009 Posts: 21 Forumite
edited 12 November 2016 at 1:41PM in Child support
Hi I am a NRP and pay maintenance to my ex through CMS direct pay...basically my wife has recently signed up for marriage allowance and a portion of her tax allowance has been given to me and my tax code will be changing to reflect this.I was wondering if this would affect the CMS payment at all ?

i know they base the calculation on my gross income but as i will possibly have a little tax refund put in my wages next month for the adjustment of tax i was wondering if the CMS would include the amount i receive in my annual review?

Any advice would be really appreciated Thanks

Comments

• nannytone_2
    nannytone_2 Posts: 12,944
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    the tax allowance would only give you about £120 extra a YEAR, so doubtful it would affect maintenance payments significantly ;)
  • Fission
    Fission Posts: 225 Forumite
    It probably won't affect you at all if you are on the current CMS scheme (it's based only on gross income, which remains unchanged).

It will affect you - to a limited extent - if you are still on the 2003 scheme. £120 ÷ 52 = £2.31 a week.

That could affect a 2003 case (upward) by 35p, 46p or 58p a week, subject to the tolerance rule which neutralises small changes in income.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure