* It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year * - It's the 2016 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• DomRavioli
    DomRavioli Posts: 3,136 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Same size kitchen as mine, hate it being that small! My biggest bugbear in my kitchen (I rent) is that the landlord put in new kitchen, good size fridge/freezer, so no complaints there, but only ONE drawer, it drives me nuts as all of the "big" cooking/baking requisites have to be in jars on counter:mad: Why is it that only women think logically?

We inherited our kitchen last year - its an absolute nightmare! three drawers (two of them the fronts fall off!), two wall cupboards (not a clue why only two!) and the weirdest layout. Another 6 months and a wall is coming down and I will have a decent kitchen (hopefully!), and I have so many things on my worktops it is unreal - I can't even put my toaster away.
  • Gettingtherequickly
    Options
    DomRavioli wrote: »
    ), and I have so many things on my worktops it is unreal - I can't even put my toaster away.

Yep, that is my kitchen, nice to know that I am not the only one:D
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • newthrift
    newthrift Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Helloooo :D I have had such a lovely holiday and although most people say 'It's nice to be back'...not here, I could of stayed on holiday for a bit longer hahaa! We only went to Yorkshire, but it was lovely and such a nice time staying with our friends in a lodge.

I haven't caught up yet, but I will have a skim through just to catch up and find out what the craft theme is for this month.

Christmas related I have brought a couple more bits and have a better list for what I am getting others. And I am very excited to say I finally have a new Christmas tree for this year :D When we first moved out 5 years ago we got a 5ft £10 tree from Wilko's which to be fair I make a nice job of, but I always wanted a fuller lovelier tree (you know the ones that are like £200+++ and look amazing). Well....On a sell it/swop it page a women I know who works at a fancy garden center is selling one for £50 which she has had for a couple of years and really looked after, when she purchased it was over £250 (I asked a friend who worked with her) and i'm going to collect it tomorrow, so so excited, can't wait to get it up in December!!

Anyway, hugs to those in need, hello to any newbies, congrats where appropriate, see you all soon once I have had a little read :)
    Christmas is the most magical time of the year :santa2:
    Mum to two boys :heartpuls
  • freespirit66
    Options
    Evening everyone, i have had a right day of it, the washing machine keeps tripping the electrics for some reason, we have checked the fuse in the socket but it doesnt seem to be that so now at a loss and will have to get someone out, which i cant afford atm, grrrr!!! I havent done much today just a bit on my wedding planner course and reading the Boots christmas book, there doesnt seem to be as much in it as previous years i thought, i still circled a few things though!! :D

PEPPAPIG i hope the chemo went well today my lovely x
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all

Peppa- hope all went OK yesterday x
    Newthrift- that tree sounds lovely, glad you had a fab time away.
    GTQ and Dom Ravioli- my lil Sis has a tiny kitchen too and is always saying how much she would like this or that but doesn't have the space for it. On the plus side it does mean that she doesn't get boring Christmas and birthday gifts tho so every cloud and all that.....lol.
    Pinksteps- all OK?
    Princess kitty - are you bursting with excitement ?
    Sammy-kaye- hope all is OK xx
    Free- Oh that's bad news about the electrics, never rains when it pours does it? I hope its something simple and not costly xx. I agree, the Boots catalogue is a bit measly, mines gone straight in the recycling bin- usually I keep it on one side to keep going back through but not this time.
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • FeistyFidget
    FeistyFidget Posts: 1,368 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've just lost my post :(

Will try and pop back later!
    [/COLOR]
    2024 Challenges
    Live in the moment more and appreciate the small things
  • princesskitty29
    Options
    Hi all, we had an induction meeting at our new house yesterday and got to see it finished so that was really lovely. 2 days to go! We get the keys on Friday but we aren’t actually moving in until Tuesday. We have a snagger going in on Saturday so we wanted it to be empty for that plus it costs more to move at the weekend so they’re coming in to pack Monday and we move Tuesday. This time next week we’ll be waking up in our house for the first time! I can’t wait!

I had a bonus the other day, I ordered two tops from Tesco online and when they arrived there was two of one of the tops instead of one. I actually emailed Tesco to let them know (my husband said I was crazy as it was their mistake and I’m sure lots of people would feel the same but it made me feel better) and I got a phone call to say normally they would ask that it’s dropped off at one of their stores but because we shop with them a lot I can keep it! We do an online shop with them every week so have spent a fortune with them over the years! I know this sounds a bit tight but I’m planning to give it to my friend for Christmas. It is a wrap and I think she’d really like it, does that make me sound a bit cheap? I wouldn’t give it to her if I didn’t think she’d like it.

nic I can totally understand why you feel worried and as a parent we always feel like we might not be handling things correctly! But from what you and others say he does sound like a nice boy, like you say it is probably because he doesn’t know how to handle his feelings. I think taking his games away from him for a while is a good idea.

MoneyMission if someone can’t or doesn’t like to bake we do let them off and they can buy a shop bought one – as long as there’s cake! Yes the packing helped immensely, the few boxes I did pack would keep getting unpacked by Wiggle!

Peppa we packed up some of our personal stuff that we didn't want them to see/handle and moved that ourselves, as for everything else yes you pretty much leave it as it is and they come in and pack the whole house up! Two men came to our house and packed it up in a day. It was really strange because the moving date was looming and the house was still the same so it didn’t feel like we were going anywhere! I kept having panics that we hadn’t done any packing and then remembered people were coming to do it! They pack you one day and then move you the next. They leave you with what you need overnight and come back for the rest in the morning. Bless your DGD, I love the things little ones say!

DomRavioli wow that's a lot of people! Sorry you can’t find what’s wrong but as long as you are feeling better then that’s all that matters.

newthrift glad to hear you had a good holiday, a lodge in Yorkshire sounds lovely! Yay for your new Christmas tree, it sounds great and what a bargain!

freespirit oh no that’s rubbish about your washing machine, how frustrating, especially that you now have to pay out! I hope you can get it sorted. How is the wedding planner course going? It sounds really interesting.

murie yes we are bursting with excitement here, especially after seeing the house again yesterday. The only problem is I want it how I want it NOW, but then realise I can’t do it all at once! Not to mention costing a fortune! :p
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    edited 17 January 2022 at 1:05PM
    Options
    Just lost a long post :mad: I went to Photobucket and refreshed the page so when I came back here it had gone. Oh well start again.

GTQ/DOMRAVIOLI I've got a small kitchen too, it's all Cath Kidston/ modern vintage and I love looking at it as I walk through to get to the garden or my craft stuff n the utility room :D

FREE hope the washing machine issue turns out to be a quick (and cheap) fix.

NEWTHRIFT glad you had a fab holiday and well done on the new tree, it sounds like a real bargain. I bought our tree a few years ago at Tesco, it was on offer for about £20 and is lovely and bushy although you do have to slot all the individual branches on every year but I enjoy that. I would like a talker one really but unless I find a bargain like you I'll stick with the 6ft one we've got. It's not really 6ft because the top foot is really that long bit they put on the top.

Hi DOLLY ROCKER, nice to see you! You have to stay around now, it's the law lol.

Chemo went well, thank you, 10 down 2 to go. My next one is now going to be on my birthday but at my age it doesn't really matter and it means I don't have to have it in half term week when DGD is here so i'm very happy.

A bit miffed that I have to return a top I bought for one of the littlies to Asda because it's only age 2-3 despite saying 4-5 on the hanger. I'm cross with myself because I know the hangers are often wrong in George and I checked all the things I bought ......except that one! On the plus side I got one item at sale price even though it shouldn't have been in the sale and a pair of Minnie Mouse leggings picked at £5.50 appear to have gone through the till at £2.50 so happy about that.

I've had a good week and have finished decorated letters for two of the littlies. This is the one for honorary DGD.......

image_zpsgmqam6kt.jpeg

The big news though is that I've just had inspiration for the STOCKING CHALLENGE! :j:j:j Well about an hour ago so there was a reason why I've been awake since 4.30 this morning! Just need to get on with it now! Plus I've watched Moonlight and Mistletoe on True Christmas this morning so feeling very festive.

I hope I've remembered what was in my lost post but apologies if I've missed anybody.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all
    Hope everyone's as well as they can be
    Peppa glad chemo went well
    Got my elf door yesterday, can't wait to give it to dd2 for DGS

Being at all day do I'll catch up later.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Well if it's the law, okay then you are stuck with me!

I bought a new Christmas tree this month too, cannot wait to put it up.

I loveeeeeeeeee Christmas!!!!!!

Dxxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family