No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries October 2016

Comments

• Hermia wrote: »
    I used to buy from them and enjoyed the products, although some of them seem to be a lot more expensive than they were when I shopped with them. I might treat myself when I get through my stash. I notice that French YouTubers seem to always have Yves Rocher in their hauls (and rave about them) so I assume they are a well-regarded brand over there.

Lovely thankyou, I will have a proper look when the next email comes in ( prob by the end of the day!) and see what's about, not that I need anything now :o
  • I have an in 'Nivea Sensitive eye make up remover' and 2x sample UUs Lancôme genifique and Sunday Riley Luna. Want to try another sample of Luna to see what all the hype is about more properly as skin does look good next day. Lancôme I can do without.
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,819
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    3 UUs at the weekend:-

200ml Liz Earle C&P. Will repurchase for Emma.

Cutex Acetone free nail polish remover. This was Emma's. Prefer the one with acetone in as it's more effective. So WNBA.

Sample tube of No 7 primer. This was lovely however I don't like primer in a tube as I can't control the amount of application. Sometimes I applied too much and my skin became oily. May try again when I need to replace the L'oreal one that I opened this morning. Speaking of which I managed to yank the whole top off and spray some across my carpet. Does not come out of carpet easily!
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,200
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Well I'm unsure whether I'm impressed or worried that this thread is still going. I was one of the "originals" back when Katie first started us off - with a great big stash which was roaming over a good bit of the bedroom as well as filling our at the time substantially sized vanity unit. I never quite "graduated" but there is no question that the challenge definitely helped me to stall on things like buying yet more of things like shampoo and conditioners "because they were on offer" - as someone said at one stage, there WILL be another offer along when you start running low, and guess what - they're right!

Lovely )or again, worrying?!) to see some of the regulars from "way back when" are still posting on these threads - Hello Pickle! :DVALM I think you were about then, too?

I'm joining in as much as anything else because I have accumulated a supply of body butters and the like, and have slipped back into the habit of not getting round to using them, so I thought that focusing back here might help. Sure there's other stuff, too. :o I'm "cured" on th shampoo/conditioner front though - I now have the one I'm using plus at the most one spare - and in fact nearly ran out of conditioner last time I came to the end of one! :rotfl:

We had our bathroom re-done back in the spring so the vanity unit is now substantially smaller - meaning I have no choice but to keep the stash under control. I also no longer have things out around the edge of the bath so I'm limited to just what is out - at the moment 1 shampoo, 1 conditioner, shower gel & bubble bath.

The stalls on the market had the mini toothpaste tubes on saturday when I was there - I use them for travel and had actually run out completely so that was a useful find. 13 of them for £2 will do nicely. :T
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Sorted through all my makeup as I want to start wearing makeup :o

Everything is still sealed so once I open it I'll judge by eye how long I can use it for before it needs to be binned.

Some shades etc are summery ones so I have put them away with the stash and kept out the things that are autumn and winter appropriate. Would be a bit silly to go out with a very bronzed face in October with the weather we've been having :rotfl:
  • lucia22
    lucia22 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Have a few more UU. My current conditioner and body scrub are also running out and hopefully will be gone by the next 2-3 showers:

UU
    Sogedin Hotels Shower and Shampoo 15ml - I still managed to make this sachet last as shower gel for two showers, which shows why I take so long to get through a bottle of shower gel.
    Superdrug Dead Sea Purifying Clay Mask 15ml - This is a favourite of mine - it does a great job of clearing my pores. WDBA. I now have 5 or 6 face mask sachets in the stash so I'm getting through them.
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2019 Total UU since 2016 - 396 | Total February UU - 1
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    VALM wrote: »
    3 UUs at the weekend:-

200ml Liz Earle C&P. Will repurchase for Emma.

Cutex Acetone free nail polish remover. This was Emma's. Prefer the one with acetone in as it's more effective. So WNBA.

Sample tube of No 7 primer. This was lovely however I don't like primer in a tube as I can't control the amount of application. Sometimes I applied too much and my skin became oily. May try again when I need to replace the L'oreal one that I opened this morning. Speaking of which I managed to yank the whole top off and spray some across my carpet. Does not come out of carpet easily!

How weird. I opened a L'oreal Lumi Magique primer yesterday to try, I unwound the great long length of plastic then tried to pull the lid off and the whole pump came flying out and sprayed primer all over my bed. The lid is way too tight.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • dolly84
    Forumite
    Welcome back Essex. I have been posting on here for a long time, I had a period of insanity where I bought tons of makeup and other beauty products, I am now using and enjoying it all but my aim is to be much more minimalist in this area of my life in the future but not like some minimal people where they chuck the whole lot out. I have it and I will use it.

October is a bit slow on the UU front mainly because I finished so many things last month I suppose. No ins for me this month and only 1 last month, I do have an Avon order coming but that is just SPF for DH (an essential as he is outside all day) and bubble bath for the whole family to use.

• dolly84
    Forumite
    I have a uu

Moroccanoil Intense Curl Cream - WNBA, this is in a pump bottle but it is super thick and stops pumping when it is about a quarter done so I had to put it into a big tub. The results are OK but not good enough to justify a £20+ price tag.

• Thanks Dolly - and well done on your DF-ness, too! :T

My stash does still have a fair amount of Avon stuff in it as I was an Avon lady for a few years - as a result though I pretty much never buy anything from there full price now! :rotfl: Their bubble baths are lovely - the Cranberry & Orange they did a few years ago was lush - no idea if it's a regular winter product now or not though, and won't be going to look as I still have plenty to use!

Aim for this month will be to use up my Champneys Body Butter and drag a new one out of the stash to use. Might UU a bubble bath, we'll see. Also been reminded that I have one of those Superdrug dead sea clay masks in the vanity - need to drag that out and use it as you're right Lucia, it's gorgeous stuff!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business