PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

It is tough NOW. So how are we coping

1556557558559560562»

Comments

• charlies-aunt
    charlies-aunt Posts: 1,605 Forumite
    edited 15 July 2010 at 6:07PM
    sb44 wrote: »
    They are 28p online, are you sure they didn't overcharge you. :)

32p on the shelf but 28p on the till receipt --whoo-whoo even better.

I noticed that Sainsburys have reduced their very nice wild bird feeders to half price this week so I will be popping in next week to get a couple as I think they will make nice Christmas presents for hard-to-get-for people....combined with a bag of wild bird food/peanuts and a couple of fat'n'seed balls and a homemade string of unshelled peanuts :rotfl:
    :heartpuls The best things in life aren't things :heartpuls

2017 Grocery challenge £110.00 per week/ £5720 a year

• ceridwen
    ceridwen Posts: 11,547 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Following on from BigMummaF's suggestion that its time for the next "installment" of Kittie'S "Its tough now" thread and the subsequent seconding - I have not heard back from kittie to my suggestion that I start up the new installment on her behalf. However - I see she has visited MSE since - so will have seen my PM. I know she thinks I am much in accord with her way of thinking on this - and she doesnt frequent Old Style these days

- so I have taken silence as assent for the next installment of this popular thread.

I trust that's okay with folks:)

So - this thread is now continuing (under my name - on behalf of kittie) as "It's still tough and not getting better - so how are we coping?".

So - I look forward to seeing old faces and new on that continuation thread now - if that's okay by all?:)
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 15 July 2010 at 7:21PM
    Good idea :D

Link for new thread - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2597781

Ceridwen, maybe you could put a link to this thread on your first post of the new one, so we can easily find it?
    Bulletproof
  • wigglebeena
    wigglebeena Posts: 1,988 Forumite
    ginnyknit wrote: »
    Oh well done Charliesaunt, nice to hear a success, needless to say I think I will pop in when Im down near Mr S and get some of that soap - might try it in the dry gloop for handwashing,its worth a try!

I would love a pith helmet, I know its not my usual black but be good to scare the locals. So its now a hunt instead of an assault, hmmm sounds better.

ive just had something really nice happen. A good friend was giving me her old bread maker to try and fix as she had been bought a new one as a pressie - and lo and behold Dh and Ds have just been to do her a little job (Ds is is muscle now but Dh is the brains) and she sent me a brand new bread maker for my birthday, I actually had tears in my eyes.

Oh god bless all good friends. I have had a rough time at work lately and mine have been saints listening to me snivel and moan. Their price is above rubies! When you're willing to listen to your mate wittering and whingeing for an hour at a time about her troubles, that's love and human concern beyond the call of duty.
  • Charis
    Charis Posts: 1,302 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker

I originally come from a part of the world where there is no THEY. And you have to do things for yourself.

I thought of your post, Thrilla, when I read this today
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-10650160 :rotfl:

Charis
  • Gigervamp
    Gigervamp Posts: 6,583 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Charis wrote: »
    I thought of your post, Thrilla, when I read this today
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-10650160 :rotfl:

Charis

Gawd, how petty! Staff were not "licensed" or "trained" in how to remove roadkill? So what, it's not rocket science! Get a shovel!
  • floss2
    floss2 Posts: 8,030 Forumite
    tru wrote: »
    Good idea :D

Link for new thread - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2597781

Ceridwen, maybe you could put a link to this thread on your first post of the new one, so we can easily find it?

Maybe this thread should be locked now we have a new one?
  • greengoblin
    greengoblin Posts: 153 Forumite
    sb44 wrote: »
    They are 28p online, are you sure they didn't overcharge you. :)

Not sure I could handle basics tea. My one iron-clad re-enforced luxury, even above cigarettes is I MUST HAVE GOOD QUALITY TEA :p in single bag varieties, in loose leaf, in lovely printed cardboard boxes . . . . . *goes off for a cold shower*

Cool that other Basics stuff is back though !
    All that is gold does not glitter
    All those who wander are not lost

:starmod:Recycle ALL the things!:starmod: :p
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Try it -- I switched from PG tips, its completely ok. :)
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    floss2 wrote: »
    Maybe this thread should be locked now we have a new one?

I agree, as it can become confusing having the two threads running together so I'll close this one now. The new thread can be found here:

It's STILL tough and not getting better - so how are we coping?

Pink
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport