thomson holiday in flight meals?

not sure if this has been mentioned but couldnt find any previous posts.
booked a holiday yesterday after pricing on thomson website rang travel agent who said they would better the price so booked it.
travel agent rang today to say thomson winter holidays2011/12 onwards no longer provide in flight meals as an optional extra and the website price including meals was a mistake.
not the end of the world i know, just wondered if anyone has booked including meals for winter holiday or summer 2012

Comments

• stephb34
    stephb34 Posts: 2,064 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    No if they have they'll be told like you they're not doing them anymore.
  • fawny
    fawny Posts: 953 Forumite
    Hi,

We have a holiday booked with a Thomson flight next year & it said in the small print by the price that inflight meals were no longer availble for pre booking. It does say that they will have a range of meals to buy on the plane though, so might be better.
    Married the man of my dreams - 10th September 2012, St Paul's Bay Lindos :jIt was amazing.
    :love:
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Just flew Thomas Cook to / from Spain - it was total chaos with nobody knowing who had paid or not paid for inflight meals.
    It was far more important for cabin staff to sell ''duty free goods'' than sort it out - thankfully I was one who did not pay for it and did not want it!
  • debi57
    debi57 Posts: 2 Newbie
    I too have booked a holiday with Thomsons for next year, July to Egypt. I was also told the same thing by my travel agent, no in flight meal! I am disappointed lol, because it's all part of the 'holiday experience' for me! Just another way of Thomson's etc cutting back & saving money, yet the holiday had gone up in price by nearly 25%! Typical! :(
  • daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,501 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    If it continues next year you can buy hot meals on the flight. A supermarket microwave meal in posh wrapping and all for about £6.
  • stephb34
    Just flew Thomas Cook to / from Spain - it was total chaos with nobody knowing who had paid or not paid for inflight meals.
    It was far more important for cabin staff to sell ''duty free goods'' than sort it out - thankfully I was one who did not pay for it and did not want it!

Does anyone buy duty free anymore on short haul as from what i've seen most of the stuff isnt any cheaper than in tesco, you can't buy fags which maybe cheaper but even the booze is cheaper in tesco.
  • jhe
    jhe Posts: 1,823 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    if its short haul to europe you cant buy duty free. only if you travelling further afield.
  • stephb34
    jhe wrote: »
    if its short haul to europe you cant buy duty free. only if you travelling further afield.

Theres more to duty free than fags and booze (in the brochure lol), ie perfume, gifts etc thats why id put you cant buy booze and fags on short haul.
  • steven3367
    steven3367 Posts: 12 Forumite
    we used to get the inflight meals then we seen sense one time and realised we were paying all that money for crap we know goto boots in the duty free and get the meal deal and take this on the plane
  • Save your money and bring your own sandwiches.
    Save £200 a month : [STRIKE]Oct[/STRIKE] Nov Dec Jan Feb Mar Apr
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport