The time has come

Comments

• Nothing much to report over the weekend other than I have restricted my spending and have bought a few odds and ends for lunch. I need to do the monthly shop which I'm going to do online to stop me putting things in the trolley that I don't need but won't be able to do that until later with delivery on Tuesday. Tomorrows lunch all sorted though and not a penny in my purse. Hopefully that is how ill continue throughout the week :)
    12/04/2019
    Savings £134 nothing changed here
    Credit Score 134/700 - Jan. 171/700 - Feb. 151/700 - Mar.
  • Not much to report on the money front. Managed to save an extra £10 last week and my £3 from today so the total in the tin is £20.82. Not bad considering I've only just started. Only one of my items sold on eBay and that went for £50 (not received yet) and also sold an old mobile to envirofone for £60 (again not yet received) once the money comes in it will be gong straight into the tin. The plan this week is to list two bikes on eBay and also wait to see what my one listing brings (ending tomorrow). Hopefully by then end of the week there will be a massive nflux of money in the tin.
    12/04/2019
  • Just cleared out the money box for this week and updated my signature. Not bad for one weeks savings. eBay money now in PayPal so going to leave it there and still waiting for envirofone money. Got some more items listed on eBay but not expecting to make much profit from them, maybe a pound or two but every pound counts.
    12/04/2019
  • Ok. Good news this morning, have sold another item on eBay. It's listed for £35, has another 30 hours until the auction ends and someone has made a bid with 5 other watchers. Who knows, it may go for more than £35 :)
    12/04/2019
  • killerpeaty
    killerpeaty Posts: 2,644
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Good luck with the sale (and with getting debt free).

When you do your online shopping, do you check if you an get cash back? I don't know how often you can get cash back on groceries, but it might be worth a try?
  • Thanks killerpeaty, yes, I always check for cashback.

I've been making repayments towards my sons loan for the last couple of months as my son lost his job just after taking out the loan. I can't afford t maintain the payments but the company were hassling me, which I didn't think they could do as the loan was in my sons name. Have decided to write to their head office, insist that all correspondence is made in writing only and offer repayments of £1 per month. This will free up £150 worth of cash which I can ill afford to be paying off my sons debt. I'm hoping that this additional money each month will take the pressure off me a bit and allow me to repay my own debts.

Hopefully this will put me back in control and give me the incentive I need to work harder to become debt free.
    12/04/2019
  • I've also found an old iPod touch which is broken which I've managed to sell for £15. This can a,so be added to the fund once the money is received :)
    12/04/2019
  • Not had a very good week this week, problems at work that have really got to me and a major bump in the car.

Have spent today sorting through some paperwork and have write to everyday loans regarding my sons loan. He took a loan out and then lost his job, the constantly hassled him and me for payment and as a result I agreed to make the monthly repayments - just to get them off my back really. It's come to the stage that I can no longer afford this repayment so have written to them and told them. Have cancelled the direct debit that was set up for them so ill be £150 a month better off from June :)

As for saving this week, well, not much has gone in the money tin but I do have nearly £10 that I have t claim from petty cash in work on Monday so that will go into the tin, have also added the eBay money onto the total.
    12/04/2019
  • Have just logged onto Quidco and it says I'm having a £68 payout due. Woohoo that's another bit of money I can add to the fund. Just off to update signature :)
    12/04/2019
  • Nothing to repot today, only £3 saved in the money tin - took lunch to work and have prepared something for tomorrow so another small saving there.

Had a bike for sale on eBay but it didn't sell so will need to relist that, also have a set of alloy wheels which I need to list. It's child benefit day tomorrow and I'm hoping to save £10 of it, will keep the rest to last me until payday on the 21st. I seem to be heading in the right direction but its a very slow process :(
    12/04/2019
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure