£90000 mortgage on a £15000 salary

Is there anyway I can get a mortgage for £90000 on my salary of £15000. I will have a deposit of about £20000. Any help much appreciated! ;)
It's better to travel hopefully than arrive...

Comments

• deemy2004
    deemy2004 Posts: 6,201 Forumite
    The mortgage companies have been tightening the rules.

Your best bet would be the selfcertification mortgages for the X6 mortgage.
  • herbiesjp
    herbiesjp Posts: 8,499 Forumite
    Even with a self certified mortgage you will be hard pushed to find a lender to offer 6 times salary - without knowing more about your circumstances, at the moment I would say that it would be difficult to get the mortgage
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • gibby
    gibby Posts: 426 Forumite
    Hi

there is another way that may possibly help.

try London & Country mortgages.

I think its called a non status mortgage

They do something --- basically if you put down a decent deposit you can get an interest only mortgage, but the level of deposit depends on each lender.

The lender covers their back as they have enough equity in the propert if things go wrong.

If you are self employed it does help as they know that many self employed ppl do not declare all fo their income and there are deals for the many many ppl who do this.

bascially L&C are very good as they dont like self cert as if you lie it can be a problem for both you & them - as it is an offence.

but you need to make sure you can afford the repayments - and L&C will talk you through this

G
    never take advice from broke or unsuccessful people

Jim Rohn
  • Think long and hard about what you are trying to get.

Back in the bad old days (late eighties) interest rates peaked at approx 15% and negative equity was all the rage in the South.

15% of £90,000 = £13,500 per annum for 25 years interest only.

2005 probable election year = uncertainty in all markets.

Yes, I know I'm a pessimist, but I know people who lost their houses and their families as a result.

Try to find shared equity or affordable housing schemes for your profession.
    Just for one moment, thought I'd found my way.
  • I was in a similar situation (deposit was slightly more and annual salary was slightly higher) but managed to get a mortgage with Halifax with no problems, apparently when you give a large deposit they're not really as concerned as to the size of the mortgage in comparison to your salary.
    2p off is still 2p off!
  • herbiesjp
    herbiesjp Posts: 8,499 Forumite
    Halifax are pretty flexible, however with the loan requested for the deposit being put down I do not think they would stretch to the 6 times salary.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • payless
    payless Posts: 6,957 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    6x income on over 80% LTV - very dangerous for both borrower and lender
    --
    self cert - still needs you to be honest about your income.

( some lenders do use affordability or varying multiplers depending on circumstances/ income level- but these usually favour higher earners- on basis that everyone still has basic needs to meet whether on £15K or £65K)

Other things may help-
    guarantor, other income, or poss even a proveable career path to high earnings ( but this latter point on its own is unlikely to be enough)
    Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as (financial) advice.
  • thanx for all your help and advice - it is appreciated.
    It's better to travel hopefully than arrive...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure