Looking for the silver lining

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Hope new antibiotics help.
    When are you away?
    You take care too.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,278 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Thanks Beanie - we go away 2 weeks today (fingers crossed).

He's still no better today but it's early days yet with the antibiotics. Doctor is coming back next Friday not tomorrow - Mr SA got it wrong. He had a fall today in the garden with the dog but not hurt thankfully. He's been told he must rest but he's not got any energy to do anything anyway. Hoping he'll start perking up after the weekend.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Sun_Addict
    Well he's still no better although the carer took him out for a coffee this morning which perked him up a bit. He's had some dinner but has now gone back to bed, he's not even fancying a beer which is so unlike him he loves his pint. One thing I envy him is his ability to sit down with a beer every night at 7pm and put his feet up while there's me cooking and trying to resist a glass of wine worrying about calories and alcohol units. So this is totally out of character for him. I'm hoping it's just this infection. The doctor rang him today to see how he is, which is very considerate of the doctor but it worries me that he's concerned.

I'll be honest and say I'm extremely worried about him at the moment.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Yes TBH I would be worried about Mr SA too but then I worry about everything.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Thanks again Beanie x

Bought a dress for holiday today but wondered if I should have as it is sleeveless and would I wear it here if we end up not going as I am nesh (is that a real word or just an East Midlands one? I never realised the word mardy was an East Midlands one until recently - and I'm not even from there I was born down south).

Oh I am so fed up!!!!! :(
  • Never heard of nesh!

Sorry you are fed up and that Mr SA still isn't himself. It does sound worrying :(. Have you got plans for the weekend? Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Sun_Addict
    Morning Lucky. Mr SA has been told to rest so we won't be going anywhere. This morning he's complaining his tongue hurts and he can't swallow, it's one thing after another! I'm having my nails done this morning then it's all the fun stuff like cleaning up.
  • satchmo1
    satchmo1 Posts: 2,750 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've heard of nesh, although it doesn't apply as I'm usually too hot. We've spent the winter with just a 4.5 tog duvet and I still stick my feet out.

Do you say "gozzy eyed" (for cross eyed)? My DH says "boss eyed".

I do hope your DH starts to recover fast, so you can go on holiday and relax. Is he drinking enough water/juice, he could be dehydrated. Will he eat soft fruit, like grapes or strawberries, as they are water-filled and also full of vitamins.

You need some {{{hugs}}}
    What would you get if all you got was what you were thankful for?
  • Sun_Addict
    Hello Satchmo, no I don't say gozzy eyed or boss eyed, I think I've only picked up nesh and mardy - probably been called both too many times :) He won't eat or drink anything at the moment he just wants to sleep, I keep trying to encourage him though. I got him some bonjela and he says it's helping.
  • Sun_Addict
    I'm getting increasingly concerned about Mr SA. When he started getting ill 2 years ago he kept making a snorting noise, he's started doing it again. I went on the Macmillan website and looked at lymphoma symptoms (as if I don't already know!) and he's got every single symptom - breathlessness, exhaustion, no appetite, aching, sweating profusely, generally feeling unwell and a lump in his neck. I didn't know about the lump in his neck until this afternoon when he told me. I know these symptoms can also be the symptoms of an infection but I can't help worrying. He's been like this for 3 weeks now and the antibiotics don't seem to be touching it. His walking has deteriorated drastically in the last couple of months, as I've mentioned before. If he shows no signs of improvement by Monday I'm going to ring the clinic at the hospital, his consultant said I could ring if I ever got concerned.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport