IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Brewhouse and Kitchen in Nottingham --AVOID, Scammer Alert

Options
Brewhouse and Kitchen in Nottingham --AVOID, Scammer Alert

By having a drink can cost you an extra £100 ?
Another Parking Eye tale of woe

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5128239/Woman-49-fined-leaving-car-pub-carpark.html

Comments

• bargepole
    bargepole Posts: 3,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It's hardly a scam.

This is a pub with 27 spaces in the car park, and close to Notts Forest FC and Trent Bridge Cricket ground.

There are signs outside and inside telling patrons to input their reg. no. into a terminal so they don't get a ticket, and even if they forget to do so, they can get the charge cancelled upon proof that they were a customer.

If they didn't have a scheme like this, genuine pub users would have trouble finding a space. Seems fair enough to me.

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 57, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    bargepole wrote: »
    It's hardly a scam.

This is a pub with 27 spaces in the car park, and close to Notts Forest FC and Trent Bridge Cricket ground.

There are signs outside and inside telling patrons to input their reg. no. into a terminal so they don't get a ticket, and even if they forget to do so, they can get the charge cancelled upon proof that they were a customer.

If they didn't have a scheme like this, genuine pub users would have trouble finding a space. Seems fair enough to me.

Whoo BP, have you changed sides ??

If they really want to stop the unwanted, a simple barrier
    with a ticket and upon paying the bill, they get a token
    to exit

Why on earth would anyone who misread, were not told
    by staff then have to go to the effort of proving themselves.
    And .. we all know about the problems about entering
    a reg number ?

Amazed though that PE are doing mini car parks now

Get all that sorted and it might not be a scam
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    plenty of pubs near major attractions or beauty spots have similar issues and machines with redemption inside

there is a place called Hollingworth Lake near Saddleworth with a pub called THE BEACH that has a similar system of payment and refund at the bar and its been that way for a few years now

I cannot remember which PPC it is but its not PE or EXCEL etc

if they did not have a system like this it would be rammed 24/7 with people going sailing or just taking country walks around the man made lake

so I can sympathise with some landowners trying to run a business who have an attractively located car park
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 30 November 2017 at 1:54PM
    Options
    Redx wrote: »
    so I can sympathise with some landowners trying to run a business who have an attractively located car park

I agree but think it out first, do their homework with one thing
    in mind that a PPC is only operating to make money which
    will in turn mean losing money when customers get burned.
    The great British public are not known for complaining, it
    just means they never return

As said many times on here ... "google is your / their best friend"
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Dan Kelly, operations manager for the North at Brewhouse, said the scheme is to ensure 'genuine customers' always have a space to park.

Good old DM, but this article alone will probably cost the pub £££s in lost custom. Is that what they want, what they really really want?
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »
    Dan Kelly, operations manager for the North at Brewhouse, said the scheme is to ensure 'genuine customers' always have a space to park.

Good old DM, but this article alone will probably cost the pub £££s in lost custom. Is that what they want, what they really really want?

But would a car park full of football supporters not using pub not mean more lost custom? Needs a Risk Analysis, obviously. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure