Quote for building extension without foundation

I am getting a front extension done. I was given a quote for £16,000 for the walls(no plastering) including roof and door + window to the front. I thought that the quote included with the foundation. But he says that there is already a foundation ( only one side was dug to check) and started to build from the existing concrete floor. When I asked would there be any reduction in the quote as the work is less now. The answer was no. I don't want to pay more than what I should. Advice please.

Comments

• Furts
    Furts Posts: 4,474 Forumite
    From the limited technical data posted it sounds as if your extension is being constructed off an existing slab which is only permissible for non load bearing walls - unless a raft construction exists.

It sounds dubious and rather than arguing over price I would be concerned with the technical aspects. I assume that you have applied and paid for a Full Plans Building Regulations Application. Request that the Inspector visit on Monday or Tuesday.

If you have not applied, or applied on a Building Notice, then you are shouldering all the risks here. A foolish situation to be in so I trust that this is not the case.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure