NST February A FOREST ADVENTURE

Options

Comments

• laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 771 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all-

Today is a spend day . I need to go to Aldi & my little boy needs his ears lowered-I was hoping hubs tips would pay but he only got a tenner, will cover the hair cut at least!

Bad night with my kids last night so were all pretty tired & I will be taking it easy.

I have added another frog to the list- I need to write a list of food that needs using up & clear out my baking cupboard- not sure when I will get round to them but hopefully in the next week.

will update budgets later when my shoppings done
  • WelshKitty85
    WelshKitty85 Posts: 1,439 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks for all the kind baby wishes. Knowing this will definitely be our last, I am trying to enjoy every minute with him.

Yesterday was NSD 2. I did spend £3 in a$da, but £2.60 cashback has already been approved and the rest were YS items.

Today may be a spend day as DD needs some clothes for a theatre performance.
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 771 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    indigowarrior is your £1 a day budget per person? please let us know how you get on & any money saving tips. I try & do £10 pp per week including toiletries & nappies but I think its easier when theres more of you.

on my mission to get more from things we have already I have made cheesy bread in my bread maker :)
  • shabbychic12
    Options
    Love today's quote. Made me think, l think we should embrace every experience and enjoy them.
    Count down to retirement 2023
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    Hey kat - are you going to freeze that pesky credit card...? Hope kitty is well.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: THIS is such a good idea. First and foremost will be removing it from Amazon, Ebay, and other such naughty tempting sites. With the gym I am almost too tired (getting up early) and busy (prepping breakfast, lunch and snacks for the following day) that internet browsing is almost obsolete but there are times when I am at work..... :o

However...maybe a freeze will be entertaining for one month to see how I get along..... :think:..then any desired purchases above and beyond what I have as "surplus" will have to come from the travel fund (NEVER!) or I'll have to wait which generally means I'll never go back and buy it.....

I get this pesky impulse purchase problem from my father - albeit they aren't big, large or costly THEY ALL ADD UP!

Watch this space for frozen CC. Great idea AppleMuncher...
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi NSK

SFD number 2 today :) and my first restful day at home for ages. My parents came to gift me a free heated airer :) and took me to lunch at the same time :) and then I!!!8217;ve just used a birthday voucher to have a free massage :) If the weather was dry and sunny, it!!!8217;d be a perfect day. I!!!8217;m just waiting for a dry spell to work the dogs and then I!!!8217;ll snuggle on the sofa for a while :)
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: THIS is such a good idea. First and foremost will be removing it from Amazon, Ebay, and other such naughty tempting sites. With the gym I am almost too tired (getting up early) and busy (prepping breakfast, lunch and snacks for the following day) that internet browsing is almost obsolete but there are times when I am at work..... :o

However...maybe a freeze will be entertaining for one month to see how I get along..... :think:..then any desired purchases above and beyond what I have as "surplus" will have to come from the travel fund (NEVER!) or I'll have to wait which generally means I'll never go back and buy it.....

I get this pesky impulse purchase problem from my father - albeit they aren't big, large or costly THEY ALL ADD UP!

Watch this space for frozen CC. Great idea AppleMuncher...

I can take no credit (:rotfl:) for the idea - have seen it suggested on different threads. I'm one of those people who needs reminding every 6 months to use my cc or else the bank want to make it obsolete!

And, dearest kat, what are you doing, having your cc linked up to those evil money-sucking websites, eh? And do not blame it on your dear daddy and his genes. You know better than that...

Gosh, I sound harsh/smug/bossy. Sorry :D.

Just challenge me back on what I am eating and I'll go sit on the naughty step all month. Wearing a hair shirt. The wedding in Oz has been called off - a week after we bought our tickets, losing us around £1400, sigh - but my motivation to not be the chubby (nah, let's be frank here, the FAT) grandma at the wedding has now gone... And I need to find another.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Fmess
    Options
    Oh no apple how upsetting that it!!!8217;s been called off, I take it it!!!8217;s not worth still going for a holiday?
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • Fmess
    Options
    Has anyone else noticed that some apostrophes are turning into random numbers?!
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 3 February 2018 at 7:00PM
    Options
    No.18 Turtle checking in. I am aiming for 20 NSDs - I have a week off coming up so might be difficult:o
    Always pay to debts or savings first, live on what is left. I try all the time!

First of February until the 28th, inclusive. All turtles commit to following the rules. Will do my best

Organise your budgets before the start of the month and stick to them. Done

Reserve a small portion of your budget Have my own rules regarding charity which I stick to:o

Environment I am an avid beach cleaner - look up 2 minutebeachclean:D

Stock take your cupboards, Already done last month and still on it

Takeaways are forbidden Dont have many but I do use independent coffee shops. Again not often but its something we enjoy and will continue to. Never stepped in a chain coffee shop or fast food outlet!

Always take your lunch to work Always, Is there any other way??

Do something different Working on it

Valentine Who? Done in January here!

Exercise 5 times a week please. Determined to get where I was 6 months ago - swimming x2 a week yoga and gym session and 10k steps a day - I felt better for it and want to be back there:D

NSDs : trying for 20

Throw it away. Evangelical recycler here:rotfl:

Use what you have. On it. See above^^^ Have replaced our stair carpet with a carpet we took out of living room 18 months ago when we had a solid oak floor laid. Carpet was too good to throw. So now being cut up for stairs and landing :)

Refuel properly. Really need to take on more fluids - water. I rarely drink during the day and I think its definitely affecting my sleep.

Elephants and Frogs. Herds of and ponds full. A work in progress this month
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure