PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 10th December 2012

Comments

• The_Dragon
    The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
    Okay we don't have a dining room and I can't do the kitchen (cleaners are coming tomorrow :o), but I will do what I can! In the kitchen that will be put the glass recycling into carriers so Dr Dragon can just nip it out later.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
  • toochoosey
    toochoosey Posts: 7,370 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 10 December 2012 at 12:29PM
    Good Morning all xx
    Thanks for the Thread Natty xx

I have been to the shops and bought some folding boxes that were on offer in MrT, so hoping to tidy the desk in the LR and the dressing table in the spare RoD..............
    I also bought 2 gift bags to co-ordinate with DD's tree, We'll hang one on her door instead of a stocking and I will fill the other one and hide it in the attic......then on Christmas Eve, I just have to swap the bags instead of trying to fill it and not wake her!!!

Daily routines
    washing, M T W T F S S
    swish and swipe kitchen M T W T F S S
    bathroom, M T W T F S S
    ironing, M T W T F S S
    making beds, M T W T F S S
    vacuuming high traffic areas, M T W T F S S
    making meals M T W T F S S

Night-time routines
    preparing clothes for the next day, M T W T F S S
    swish & swipes of the kitchen M T W T F S S
    tidying the living room M T W T F S S

Manic Monday- Kitchen and Dining Room
    Level One

Clear and wipe those surfaces, even if around things!
    Level Two
    Clean floors
    Sort fridge bringing what needs using soon to the front, wipe any spills
    Wipe dining table (clean table cloth if necessary)
    Level Three
    Dust any extra furniture in dining area, checking for cobwebs on way round
    Wipe & replace small appliances such as kettle, toaster etc (wipe under too, especially the toaster!)
    Clean cupboard door fronts and fronts of appliances, don't forget those kick boards
    Check those washing machine, tumble dryer, cooker hood and dishwasher filters

Extra tasks if you want to do more

• Wipe window sills and clean windows in these rooms
    • Wipe down any tiles and shine those taps
    • Clean the inside of cupboard doors
    • Clean oven if you didn't do it last week
    • Clean one cupboard out, what is that in there? anything out of date? Sort through it and clean it before putting everything back

Christmas Extras
    • Finalise those last minute presents you have to buy..
    • Post all the cards you need to post
    • Wrap all the presents for family/friends
    • Finalise shopping orders/lists for your christmas food shop.. remember shops are only closed for one day!!!!

ETA, I'm in for the ironing challenge too, Thanks xx
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,418 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Thanks Natty - you helped me find my GUAG this morning.

If it's gone, it's done! :j

Check those washing machine and tumble dryer filters (both in use as I type)

Christmas Extras

• Finalise those last minute presents you have to buy... and do some more knitting for DGD1's doll
    Write and post all (or some of)the cards you need to post
    • Finalise shopping orders/lists for your christmas food shop.. remember shops are only closed for one day!!!!
    I still don't know which of our friends is/are coming for Christmas Day but it won't make a lot of difference to the shopping list.

I have cleaned the south-facing windows of the kitchen and breakfast room inside and out and the sun is shining through them rather than onto them! :T

Have also done an errand in town and packed up some eB@y parcels to post later :) Whatever has come over me today? I haven't had this much energy for a month or more...
    :j

Going to the dentist at 12:00 to declutter the toothache, I hope :D
  • Pollybear
    Pollybear Posts: 3,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Morning all

I've done today's list - that's my normal Monday job anyway - and also dusted and polished in the hallway and living room, vacuumed right through downstairs and up the stairs and washed the kitchen floor. One load of washing out on the line, it froze to start with but I think it's OK now ;)

We wrapped our presents last week and I've posted the cards, we're putting the tree up next weekend.

Hope everyone's OK :)
  • helen_jelly
    helen_jelly Posts: 2,982 Forumite
    Afternoon all

Dusty - I'm in for the ironing challenge but I want mine cleared before Xmas Eve [not bothered about New Year Eve]

Dusty - sorry me again, I had Glandular Fever and Scarlet Fever when I was 15 and for years after I suffered terribly with Tonsil infections, eventually had them taken out when I was 28, everything in my throat was badly scarred from all the infections, keep taking him to the Docs and maybe put pressure on them to come up with an alternative to giving out tablets like they are sweets, it made a HUGE difference to me when I had the tonsils whipped out, for the 1st time in 13 years I felt human!!! Hope its a quick infection that doesn't linger - hugs to all your poorlies

Nat - thanks for this weeks list, I'm in again put doing ma own thang, just finished painting the tiles in the Kitchen - finally done it after starting it about 3 years ago - looking gooood

Helen
    Projects made for craft fair - 40 :)
    1st fair on 13/4/14 :j
  • Helllooooo flyfriends

Welcome rachel, sunshineyday & ashleighsalem :wave: :T lovely to have you with us, to have you with us.... lovely!!

Thanks for the list natty, and to dusty for last week xx

Hope poorly achey people get some relief soon.

Ok here goes this week!

Level One

Clear and wipe those surfaces, even if around things!
    Level Two
    Clean floors
    Level Three
    Wipe & replace small appliances such as kettle, toaster etc (wipe under too, especially the toaster!)
    Clean cupboard door fronts and fronts of appliances, don't forget those kick boards
    [STRIKE]Check those washing machine, tumble dryer, cooker hood and dishwasher filters[/STRIKE]

• Clean the inside of cupboard doors
    • Clean one cupboard out, what is that in there? anything out of date? Sort through it and clean it before putting everything back

Christmas Extras
    • Finalise those last minute presents you have to buy.. CHASE H FOR INFO RE J'S PRESSIE
    • [STRIKE]Post all the cards you need to post[/STRIKE]

Don't think I'll manage the extras, I have a busy week with work later today & Thursday, funeral tomorrow & interview Wednesday. Friday will be dedicated totally to flying, with intermittent fluttering on other days.

Have a good day all!
    *If you have nothing nice to say... say nothing*
    "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." Martin Luther King Jr
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Level One
    [STRIKE]Clear and wipe those surfaces, even if around things!
    [/STRIKE]Level Two
    [STRIKE]Clean floors
    [/STRIKE]Level Three
    [STRIKE]Dust any extra furniture in dining area, checking for cobwebs on way round
    [/STRIKE]Check those washing machine, tumble dryer, cooker hood and dishwasher filters

[STRIKE]
    • [/STRIKE]Clean the inside of cupboard doors
    • [STRIKE]Clean one cupboard out, what is that in there? anything out of date? Sort through it and clean it before putting everything back[/STRIKE]
    Christmas Extras
    • [STRIKE]
    • Finalise those last minute presents you have to buy..
    • Post all the cards you need to post
    • [/STRIKE]Wrap all the presents for family/friends
    • [STRIKE]
    • [/STRIKE]
    I have MIL staying again tonight so might rope her into some ironing :beer: while I wrap a few presents! Need to empty DW later.

Having said that, I might need to do a bit more work tonight, depending on how I get on today. Back to it! :cool:
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • trulymadlydeeply_indebt!
    trulymadlydeeply_indebt! Posts: 909 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 10 December 2012 at 6:33PM
    Afternoon ladies

Well after a manic morning doing everything except what I wanted to do, I am about to make a start. Thanks for the lists Natty and also to Dusty for last week.

Bossy - Woah - slow down girl, you're putting me to shame!

Happy belated birthday wishes coming at you ladies

Level One
    [STRIKE]Clear and wipe those surfaces, even if around things[/STRIKE]!
    Level Two
    [STRIKE]Clean floors [/STRIKE]
    Level Three
    Check those washing machine, tumble dryer, cooker hood and dishwasher filters

Wipe window sills and clean windows in these rooms
    Wipe down any tiles and shine those taps
    Clean the inside of cupboard doors
    Clean oven if you didn't do it last week
    Clean one cupboard out, what is that in there? anything out of date? Sort through it and clean it before putting everything back

Christmas Extras
    [STRIKE]Finalise those last minute presents you have to buy.. [/STRIKE] JUST OH TO DO
    Post all the cards you need to post
    Wrap all the presents for family/friends
    Finalise shopping orders/lists for your christmas food shop.. remember shops are only closed for one day!!!!

The extras were already on my to-do this so I won't feel as if I'm off-list today.

re HHI - I decided after 10 years of marriage that I couldn't cope with the feeling of inadequacy of cluttered baskets rising higher and higher up the walls, whilst everyone around me seemed to be ironing Queens, so after a tip by my mate to "just don't do it anymore and see if they notice" I did just that. Now I shake wet washing to within an inch of its life before going in the TD and then shake again whilst it's warm from tumbling, fold it and I can just put it all away. Nobody has even mentioned any ironing for the last 4 years and if they were really fussed, I can point them in the direction of the iron, now I know where it is in my Flylady home! Give it a try and free up some time for yourselves and also some headspace :T

Off I go - Anyone want to join me for HH something at 1.25?

TMD xx
    Decluttering junk and debt in 2016
    Debts - Vanquis £3500 1/1/16; DFD - when I'm dead with £100,000,000+ interest :eek: UPDATED Feb 2016 £2739.80; DFD June 2016 :j
    Next - £1500 1/1/16 DFD about 10 years time. UPDATED Feb 2016 £1371.16; DFD July 2016 :j
    THE GOAL IS TO HAVE NO DEBT BY THE END OF 2016
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 10 December 2012 at 2:32PM
    ... runs to catch up with TMD.
    Better is good enough.
  • helen_jelly
    helen_jelly Posts: 2,982 Forumite
    TMD - I admire those of you who don't iron but I just can't get the shaking thing right and secretly every once in a while I actually enjoy ironing lol
    Projects made for craft fair - 40 :)
    1st fair on 13/4/14 :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family