Keighley Trade Centre

Comments

• Lum
    Lum Posts: 6,460 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Maybe they have other sources of income too, if you get what I'm saying ;)
  • Have to just add my two pennorth in. I bought a car from KTC. Not sure if everyone isd aware but they have 3 sites. " in Keighley and one just outside, the one just outside seems to be the one everyone is talking about. Selling Evos and Scoobys etc. I bought from the one on Hard Ings (near the carpet shop). Bought a Peugeot 407 about a month ago. Had no problem dealing with the guy there. He let me take it for a test drive , no questions askedand when i asked if he would mind my mechanic checking it over he was more than happy to allow it. The car itself was very dirty inside (boot full of sand and false fingernails - the mind boggles as to what went on!) but as it was a knock down price I was willing to accept I would have to clean that up and clean some of the interior that had pop splilt over it and so on.
    Anyway, car checked out, genuine for mileage and even got it for a couple of hundred cheaper than screen price (as web price was cheaper!). Went to pick up the car after the MOT it and amazingly they had actually cleaned it all out. No muck inthe boot and upholstry valeted - looked a totally different car -and no it wasnt before you suggest that :-) Still got it now, only issue has been a warning light for the ABS / ESP which is a pitfall of owning a peugeot - the tempremental electrics. I realise some people have had really bad deals with these guys but for what its worth I have no complaints at all. Yes the cars look shoddy and mine has the odd scratch here and there (it was owned by a woman with kids so to be expected) but price wise cant knock it.
  • Lum
    Lum Posts: 6,460 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 20 October 2011 at 10:26PM
    Probably a part ex to clear after they sold her a knackered rotting 10 year old Mercedes C class with wheelarches repaired using chicken wire and filler.

Edit: Wait, my bad, looks like they sold that to the guy below! :eek:
  • Anybody who Is reading this please please please DO NOT touch go near them no matter how much you want the car! I bought a 54 reg mercedes ML270. Let me drive 65 miles down motorway with my disabled daughter who was 10 months old in the back knowing damn well all brake pads were totally down to bare metal!!!! The not they did for me when I bought it was not genuine because mo vehicle with the problems mind had would have ever passed an MOT!
    Two months after I bought it I spent £80 @ Merc having diagnostics done to discover it was completely !!!!!!ed!
    I then had to SORN the vehicle for 6 months while it had continuous repairs to the tune of £11600. This involved full exhaust system, full brake pads, discs and callipers, turbo, ALL injectors were shot and so on to name a few of the faults. I tried to phone them over 20 times only to have the phone put down whenever they found out it was me. I got nothing from them at all!!!!! Trading standards wouldn't help me Perdue them ad they said they need X amount of forbal complaints before they can Persue and they haven't received enough

Please DO NOT TOUCH them I spent a total of £23000 on a heap of c**p money pit had it a year (7 months off the road) only to have someone crash into it and write it off!
  • I'm in the market for a Nissan Murano and they have had a relatively cheap one on Autotrader for about 2 months now. They previously had an even cheaper one.

They just "seem" dodgy. Their claims don't add up and if they were legit, they wouldn't advertise the way they do.

Essentially it is a "too good to be true" scenario. Best avoided me thinks.
  • I can only echo the thoughts of other users, both myself and a friend bought cars from Keighley Trade Centre, my friend bought a Nissan GTR which when described on the phone everything sounded great, when he collected there was only one key, they promised faithfully to order a second as when he asked on the phone they said they had both, but surprise surprise the key never turned up!! Plus it had a service that had been missed even though they advertised as full serivce history.

I bought a Porsche 911 from them, for anyone that knows their location, I managed to get as far as the first roundabout before the car filled with smoke and it threw it's air con and fan belt off. They sent their recovery drive to collect me and take me to the local garage to have the belts replaced by their supposed ace mechanic, waited there for 3 hours and he after ordering the 3rd sets of belts from the motor factors, eventually managed to get some that fit. Before I left, they told me that all the tyre pressures and fluid levels had been checked, however when I got home, it had no oil in it and the tyre pressure ranged from 8 psi to 14psi (my fault for taking their word for it I guess)

These guys really don't give a s*it about you, they have no interest in selling sorted cars, just give em a quick wash and pass them on with whatever faults they come in with.

If you ever want to see a bunch of guys that fit the stereotypical wide boy dodgy car salesmen that every one talks about, pay these guys a visit!!!
  • Flyboy152
    Flyboy152 Posts: 17,118 Forumite
    p.m.adams wrote: »
    I can only echo the thoughts of other users, both myself and a friend bought cars from Keighley Trade Centre, my friend bought a Nissan GTR which when described on the phone everything sounded great, when he collected there was only one key, they promised faithfully to order a second as when he asked on the phone they said they had both, but surprise surprise the key never turned up!! Plus it had a service that had been missed even though they advertised as full serivce history.

I bought a Porsche 911 from them, for anyone that knows their location, I managed to get as far as the first roundabout before the car filled with smoke and it threw it's air con and fan belt off. They sent their recovery drive to collect me and take me to the local garage to have the belts replaced by their supposed ace mechanic, waited there for 3 hours and he after ordering the 3rd sets of belts from the motor factors, eventually managed to get some that fit. Before I left, they told me that all the tyre pressures and fluid levels had been checked, however when I got home, it had no oil in it and the tyre pressure ranged from 8 psi to 14psi (my fault for taking their word for it I guess)

These guys really don't give a s*it about you, they have no interest in selling sorted cars, just give em a quick wash and pass them on with whatever faults they come in with.

If you ever want to see a bunch of guys that fit the stereotypical wide boy dodgy car salesmen that every one talks about, pay these guys a visit!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Why on Earth did you not reject the car when it blew up?
    The greater danger, for most of us, lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low and achieving our mark
  • Flyboy152 wrote: »
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

Why on Earth did you not reject the car when it blew up?

If you've ever dealy with the guys you will know it isn't that simple!! They seem to give a 100 second or 100 meter warranty that is it, once they have your money you aint getting it back.
    The fact they paid to have the belts changed was a minor miracle, I'm sure if I had got further away they would have left me to deal with myself!! :mad:
  • Flyboy152
    Flyboy152 Posts: 17,118 Forumite
    p.m.adams wrote: »
    If you've ever dealy with the guys you will know it isn't that simple!! They seem to give a 100 second or 100 meter warranty that is it, once they have your money you aint getting it back.
    The fact they paid to have the belts changed was a minor miracle, I'm sure if I had got further away they would have left me to deal with myself!! :mad:

But, under the Sales of Goods Act, you would have had every right to reject the car, regardless of any, or even the absence of, warranty.
    The greater danger, for most of us, lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low and achieving our mark
  • TamA
    TamA Posts: 39 Forumite
    I feel so sorry for people that have given their money to these people.

Some of their cars have been for sale for years. A Mitsubishi Evo 10 they have has been for sale for about 3 years. It used to be the cheapest on the market by far and now that genuine examples have gotten older and depreciated accordingly, they have still not sold this Evo. They have not even bothered reducing the price.

How can that business survive? Legally anyway...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure