Free Personal Plumbing Info.

Comments

• I am about to install a new bathroom suite but I am unsure how to take out and fit the toilet. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
  • Art_2
    Art_2 Posts: 1,602 Forumite
    Hi Ian,

I wonder if you can help. I have some taps which are a few years old and the tap tops are breaking and need replacement. They have the letters 'BB' on them and I think the first 'B' stands for Barking. Nobody seems to stock these anymore because they are so old. Are you able to help? The cross section of the tap where the top fits is square and about a quarter inch across.
    Thank you.
    Art.
  • telly-addict
    telly-addict Posts: 525 Forumite
    I have a dripping hot tap in a cloakroom washbasin. Not being entirely hopeless I attempted to change the washer. After undoing the retaining screw the remaining part of the tap (the headgear nut?) was absolutely stuck fast and could not be shifted at all. What is the next step? Will the entire tap have to be replaced and does this involve removing the handbasin from the wall? Thanks
  • tair_bashir
    tair_bashir Posts: 24 Forumite
    I have an outside loo that i want to move a few feet to create more garden space.

Do I just need to disconnect the sewage outflow pipe from the back of the loo, lift up the toilet bowl & cistern, move it and then re-connect the outlet pipe ? If so, the toilet seems to be nailed into the ground...can it just be lifted off after drilling through the nails ?

...any help would be much appreciated!
    No reliance should be placed on the above.
  • Hi Ian, I recently fitted new taps to the sink in the bathroom, (single hole mixer). Since then I can hear water going through the pipes, and have to leave the tap slightly on and dripping, or else the overflow from the tank in the attic drips out. There was a small piece of paper in the box which said something about a "flow reducing valve", which the diy shop know nothing about. All cold taps come off the mains. Please help! - Tank in loft only used for hot and centrl heating. :confused:
  • Tim_2-2
    Tim_2-2 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Hi. I wonder is ther eany way of increasing the depth of water in the WC bowl.

Thank you :T
  • rozzid
    rozzid Posts: 50 Forumite
    Hi Ian

The cold water tap on my bath has suddenly become very stiff and I can't turn it on. It has always had a really good water pressure but now it literally won't turn. Is there something simple I can do to fix it?

Thanks Martin for this thread
    Rose :j
  • notme_2
    notme_2 Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi Ian,
    When the hot or cold taps are running in the bath we get a loud humming noise going through the house that lasts up to 2 minutes,hope you can help.
    Thanks
  • hi Ian,

a really simple question... are you ian puddick formerly of Muswell Hill?

It's the jeweller.

good to see you're doing well.

cu
  • Hello, long-time lurker, first time poster! Please help! Our overflow is constantly running from upstairs. The only way to stop it is to run the hot tap then it starts again. How can I stop it?
    I also have brown bathwater and my water tank 'boils' if you leave the electric immersion heater on rather than use thegas

HELP!

C xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family