Boost Your Airmiles Discussion Area

Comments

• There are different rates of saving airmiles dependant on which type of card you have, not just the 1 per £50 or 1 per £10.
  • quoia
    quoia Posts: 14,435 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Yes, my partner's recently applied.

TWO cards arrived - BOTH for her.

One is the LloydsTSB Airmiles Duo .... that is a Mastercard

the other is a LloydsTSB Airmiles Duo + ..... that is an American Express

as I understand it the AmEx has the better Airmiles rate and the one to use most of the time, and the reason they issue 2 (basically an "extra" Mastercard) is that the AmEx may not be accepted in as many places as the Mastercard (or Visa) are.
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
  • A good thing about the new TSB cars is they are viewable and payable online.
  • Notwithstanding the fact that Airmiles say that buying paper airmiles on ebay is against ther 'T+Cs', why on earth are people paying in excess of 10p per mile on ebay when they are only worth 7.8p?
  • are airmiles worth collecting. I get mine through Tesco but can't help wondring if using my points for other offers are a better option. Help!
  • I convert Tesco points to Airmiles. Is this cost effective or should I convert to other deals?
  • It really depends if you're collecting airmiles by any other means. I suspect that collecting AirMiles through your Tesco clubcard will not get to a point where you can use your AirMiles for anything substantial.

In the last 3 months I've gained 1,568 AirMiles, only 80 of those were front Tesco Clubcard points...

Lloyds TSB Credit Card 200
    Tesco Clubcard 80
    Lloyds TSB Credit Card 276
    Hilton hotel stay 50
    Online Shopping at Play.com 12
    Miles for an AirMiles booking 3
    Lloyds TSB Credit Card 394
    Hilton hotel stay 50
    Lloyds TSB Credit Card 478
    Souther Electric Gas Bill 25
    Total Miles: 1568

HTH

Lido
  • snigbob
    snigbob Posts: 5 Forumite
    Unfortunately my Dad died in December. His Airmiles statement turned up today with a total of 1159 miles on it.

Does anyone know if they will be transferable over to my new Lloyds TSB Duo account? I'm reluctant to give them a call at present and ask this question and tell them his name . . . . if they instantly say say "No" and mark the account and I'll be stuffed :(

I might not be able to do this but it doesn't do any harm asking??

Cheers
  • snigbob wrote: »
    Unfortunately my Dad died in December. His Airmiles statement turned up today with a total of 1159 miles on it.

Does anyone know if they will be transferable over to my new Lloyds TSB Duo account?
    It won't be transferable to Lloyds TSB per se because the Airmiles should be held by "AIRMILES Travel Promotions Ltd, trading as AIRMILES" but they should be transferable, as in the Airmiles Ts & Cs, from section 4c on https://www.airmiles.co.uk/tertiary/tsandcs.do: "If you die, miles may be transferred to an account in the name of one of your beneficiaries. We must be shown a copy of the will and the death certificate. If you try to transfer miles in any other way, we may take action against you."

If there's difficulty transfering them then the only other way I can think of doing it would be to create a "Household account" by filling in the form downloadable from here: http://www.airmiles.co.uk/pdf/AirMiles_Household_Open.pdf, adding in yours and his Airmiles account numbers.

Let me know how you get on.
  • They are not Airmiles, they are Virgin Flyer miles!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure