PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

No T Words mentioned at all - a fresh start

Options

Comments

• hoglet121
    hoglet121 Posts: 658 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Morning everyone :-)

Hello there lucielle - I'm in North Island and we love it here. But yes, sons are not always the most communicative are they? We had some family out to stay a few weeks ago and their Auntie was asking me if they'd arrived OK they hadn't been in contact!

Candlelight - sorry for throwing you off! Long weekends can be a bit distruptive (though they are wonderful :-) ) Slug patrol (in the the rain) netted a huge quantity last night - and HUGE ones too - they must have been feasting Chez Hoglet for a long time....

FTM - much love, hope those viruses are well on their way out

Chicks at the Flicks movie night tonight - hoping for a better goodie bag! My cousin has been ill so I'm not sure if she'll make it out to the movies tonight. DH has a stinking cold too - I am trying to not to catch it but it may be a bit inevitable.

A busy weekend for us - 2 family gatherings, one on Friday and one on Sunday. Need to come up with a birthday present for the Sunday one (I have NO inspiration) and some food for both. Maybe on Saturday I'll get some gardening done, if this rain EVER stops!!

Right, sorry must dash, work to do!

Love to you all,

Hoglet x
  • flowertotmum
    flowertotmum Posts: 1,043 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hello everyone..hoping your all ok..

The pills are working..second lot now..feel much better..

SM..i really wish they would remove my tonsils..fed up with it..

Candlelight..i know what you mean about feeling rubbish..the virus seems to just rob you of energy..poor Iris and Fern have been ill for nearly 2-3 weeks now..they seem okish but get tired very easily..hope you and your OH are getting there.

MLW..poor dockling..i think that fireworks shouldn't be sold until a few days before Bonfire night..we have had a lot around here..Jack is not bothered at all..a little yap and then he ignores them..hoping your having a good time..give Pushkin hugs from us girls..Docky will be so happy to have his mumma back..

Aot..o hun hope your ok and getting on with the arm in bandages..

Hoglet..ooh working from home..that would be a dream job..your hubbys reffing seems to be going great guns..

Kate..thanks babe ..you been busy sweetie..

Well i have some absolutely great news..hang on to your britches..Andrea my eldest DD who got married earlier this year..is expecting...TWINS....:)..wow i can't believe it..i kept teasing her she was having two..now she really is...both babies are tiny but good strong heartbeats..she is in shock but happy..the first set of twins in both families..now that has brightened up my week..

Right am off to get cracking with my day..
    love
    ftm
    Be who you are, not what the world expects you to be..:smileyhea

:jDebt free and loving it.
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    FTM many,many congratulations to Andrea and her husband, how wonderful. You will be in your element now won't you :) TWINS, I expect the girls will be excited as well.

Has Fionna had her results yet? I hope everything is OK.

I have a friend and her granddaughter coming for lunch today, so we are having spaghetti with a tomato and herb sauce and garlic bread., and cheesecake for afters.

Himself still isn't quite right yet, but I am much better now thank goodness. I was talking to one of my best friends last night and she has had it for 4 weeks as well, so whatever virus it is and wherever it has come from, it is nasty. I am going to see her tomorrow afternoon because it is her birthday next week.

Take care all

Candlelightx
  • flowertotmum
    flowertotmum Posts: 1,043 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi candlelight..yes Fionna has got the all clear..she rang me earlier crying..she is so relieved as are we all..going to have a little party i think to celebrate all the good news this week...

I hope you have had a good lunch today it sounds wonderful.

I hope himself gets over this god awful virus..i wake up coughing and having a hot sweat because i am coughing..flipping virus..

Its such great news for Andrea and her husband..we are all so happy for them..her sisters big and small want her to have girls..i am not bothered as long as they are healthy and annie is ok...

Right i have to go pop our steak onion and gravy pie in the oven
    back later
    ftm
    Be who you are, not what the world expects you to be..:smileyhea

:jDebt free and loving it.
  • hoglet121
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Morning everyone,

FTM - what wonderful news, both about the twins and Fionna. Many congratulatios to everyone :-)

Candlelight - that sounds like a lovely lunch, I hope Himself is well on the mend.

We had a big storm 2 nights ago, garden is miraculously in one piece still - I've never heard wind and rain like it. During the storm we also acquired a bright pink plastic bucket, although whether that was brought to us by the wind or Alfie, I couldn't say...

We are off out to a fireworks display tonight. Here in NZ fireworks can only be sold to the public for 5 days prior to 5th Nov, but it doesn't seem to stop them going off randomly for a long time afterwards.

After being pet-less for a few months (and for the first time in about 35 years) my parents are adopting 2 cats this weekend. I'm so excited, I can't wait to see them on Skype. They weren't sure about getting 2 but the adoption place put them together in the same pen for a week or so, and the results have been positive, so the cats arrive on Saturday. They're both about 8 months old, so just a little younger than Alfie. It'll be good for them to have pets again, I think they've felt quite lonely without them. Their last dog and cat both passed away within a month or so of each other this year and it hit them quite hard to lose them so close together.

Sunday we'll be celebrating my cousin's birthday with a BBQ - got the present sorted mostly but need something 'fun' to go with it - got her practical things for the kitchen and her crafting - and whilst I think she'll like them they don't exactly shout celebration. Either that or I'll do some baking maybe? I'll have a hunt around today, shops here often have 3 day sales that include the weekend, so it's a bit pointless shopping during the week. Foodwise I'm doing homemade garlic bread (garlic bread at a BBQ is very much a kiwi thing - yes they cook it on the BBQ itself) and a vegetable stuffed loaf a la James Martin. Need to do something else but not sure what yet. Also not sure of numbers which doesn't help! They texted us last night asking if we'd help them do some whole fish too (product of a boys' fishing trip), that's no problem and snapper and trevally on the barbie are delish!

Right, I suppose I'd better get on and do some work.....

Love to you all

Hoglet x
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    FTM that is such good news about Fionna, onwards and upwards now.

HOGLET that storm sounds dreadful, and you are in Spring arn't you. Have you asked Alfie about the pink bucket :) I expect it probably blew over the fence, You have another busy weekend by the sounds of it and you must tell us about the new cats once you have seen them. How awful that your Mum and Dad lost both their pets so soon after each other. I expect the new ones will be spoilt, do they have names yet?

Well we had a lovely lunch, friend's GD is almost 7 now and she is lovely and so grown up. She loves Flora and Flora is very patient with her, but she is now fast asleep in the new chair, absolutely exhausted (Flora not GD) :).

We have to take DD to physio first thing tomorrow, and then to see GP for sick note later in the morning, then Himself will take her home. We will then have a little rest and then go to see my friend whose birthday it is next week. She will be away at her son's so this is my only chance. We have been friends for years, and her 2 boys and our 2 girls grew up together.

LYN pleased DD is home safe and sound and well, and you have a safe journey tomorrow, you sound as though you are going to be busy when you get home.

Have a good weekend everyone

Much love
    Candlelightx
  • hoglet121
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi Candlelight

Yes we are 'supposedly' in spring, but it must be the wettest spring in a very long time! Good for the garden but the plants need sunshine now, they're supposed to be growing!

The new cats are called Jess and Scooby, although whether those names stay I don't know yet. Jess is a tortie with a big white bib and Scooby is black and white, and looks a lot like our Socks (I think so anyway - the photo they sent me was taken from quite an odd angle). From what I've seen Jess's name seems to suit her, but Scooby doesn't strike me as a good name for a girl... I guess they'll get a good feel for a name once they're with them.

So glad you had a good lunch, and I bet Flora loves the new chair :-)

Love Hoglet x
  • katep23
    katep23 Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ahh Hoglet, my Jess is a tortie / calico cat with a white bib, nose, front paws and back legs! She was called Peaches when we got her.

Only 2 of our rescue cats have kept their names - Pippa and Emmy.

Sooty and Sweep became Monty and Charlie and Simba became Abbie the Tabby.
  • hoglet121
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Abbie the tabby - I love it!

Our Socks kept her name as she obviously knew it, Shady became Izzy and Alfie just arrived so we had nothing to go off there.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi everyone, great fun last night with Halloween as I didn't get home until 3.30ish and then made 4 dozen chocolate cakes which I iced and decorated and carved the pumpkin, He Who Knows made the 'sheet ghostie' to hang in the apple tree and I made 'glow worms' (tealights in jamjars to go down both sides of the drive. Found the solar lanterns to hang in the bushes and some candle lanterns to stand by the porch all before it got dark!!! We had so many callers I lost count but all lovely and lots of parents in costume too, we have so little for our young folk in this village it's not too much to ask to let them have an evening of fun but so many people shut up shop and bar the doors, I like the fun of it but I guess that's because I've never really grown up!!!

We've been busy tree pruning this afternoon and the old apple tree and silver birch on the front lawn look much better for a haircut and there is so much more light coming into the study because of it. Lots of brush to clear but also some good branches for logs too. Docky is sulking because he got shut indoors (some of the branches needed a rope on them so it wasn't safe for him out there) but I hope he'll forgive me later on.

It's nice to be home, I love going away but it's always nice to come back to 'my' things, Lyn xxx.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure