PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Extreme cheapskate

Comments

• Bitsy_Beans
    Bitsy_Beans Posts: 9,640 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I watched the first episode.....have to say the bloke picking up other peoples left over food had me gagging :o
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
  • I was hoping someone had brought this show up! Some of the stuff that people were commenting on in the youtube clips - like reusing tinfoil and such, seems reasonable to me! The whole no loo roll thing was too extreme. The man who went on the once a month date night with his wife and picked empty popcorn boxes and drink tumblers from the cinema bins to get the free refills, was disgusting ... the same man went dumpster diving for their 25th anniversary gift. What a life!
  • I have to say, there is money saving & being savvy & then there is this.

Some of it was disgusting.

Also it gives proper savvy money savers a bad name.
  • Frugalsod
    Frugalsod Posts: 2,966 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I might not flush the toilet every day but have a "If its yellow let it mellow. If its brown send it down" regime. That is as extreme as I will get. I will use absolutely as much as I can with vegetables, but nothing as extreme as has been described.

Though since I am at home all day, I will spend all day in my underwear at home rather than get clothes dirty. Then all I have to wash are sheets and underwear. I only need to get dressed if guests arrive or I have to go out. If it gets colder I stay in my pyjamas.
    It's really easy to default to cynicism these days, since you are almost always certain to be right.
  • Cutting down on toilet paper consumption will have a positive environmental impact as paper making, even when using recycled fibres is a very dirty business.
    Using cloths instead of paper is no worse that using washable nappies when you think about it, and I never found that 'disgusting' when I had babies.
    Seriously money saving
  • sweetilemon
    sweetilemon Posts: 2,243 Forumite
    Have started watching the NEW: Extreme cheapskates. Some make for interesting ideas...breast piump handmade from dump yard? Admired the woman in the million $ house that got a deal then sold the basement costing her $200k total. Although her begging basket for neighbours was embarrassing if she could afford it.
  • retiredlady
    retiredlady Posts: 2,187 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    What channel is the new one on please?
    When life hands you lemons, ask for tequilla and salt and give me a call!!!
  • sweetilemon
    sweetilemon Posts: 2,243 Forumite
    What channel is the new one on please?

Same channel - TLC. Its worth a watch!
  • samanthaneww2d
    samanthaneww2d Posts: 657 Forumite
    edited 30 October 2014 at 10:13AM
    Thanks for highlighting this I am going to try and view it. I'm not extreme but you never know I might find something to embarrass my family a little more than i do already.;)
  • kezza136
    kezza136 Posts: 43 Forumite
    I saw a couple of episodes at the weekend. One man would put a timer on the fridge, they had 24 seconds a day each to open the fridge and take what they want, any longer and they had to pay him!

Another was a women who would go to a yoga class in a park, she would sit in the distance as she thought she had to pay and run back to her car when class had finished, turns out they were free classes haha!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure