DMP & Mutual Support Thread - Part 11

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,717
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Ambassador
    Keezing wrote: »
    That's fine, but when they have been completely ignoring my letters and piling on interest and charges, i'm left with no other option.

I even sent a complaint to their separate complaints address which has gone unanswered.

The person I spoke to on the phone had a record of all my letters and was able to read parts of them out to me, therefore they simply CHOSE to ignore me. I wouldn't be surprised if it's their current policy on dealing with DMP requests.

If that's the case then the sooner they sell on the debt, the better it will be for you.

As much as I detest the re-sale of debts, at least the companies that buy them are more geared up to deal with all situations, unlike most creditors.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Sazzie23
    Sazzie23 Posts: 2,634
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Post of the Month
    Forumite
    Keezing wrote: »
    That's fine, but when they have been completely ignoring my letters and piling on interest and charges, i'm left with no other option.

I even sent a complaint to their separate complaints address which has gone unanswered.

The person I spoke to on the phone had a record of all my letters and was able to read parts of them out to me, therefore they simply CHOSE to ignore me. I wouldn't be surprised if it's their current policy on dealing with DMP requests.

Hi Keezing

Sorry to hear you're having such a hassle, good advice from the others as always, just thought I'd add that we did have someone on here who had some financial services experience and when they hit a real snag with a creditor they wrote to and contacted the chief exec of that creditor and the problem did get sorted smartish. So if you want to try one last time, I'd write to the chief exec, I think the suggestion was to find the name of the CEO and write directly.

Good luck with it, we don't get too many American Express creditors on here, don't know if anyone else has experience with them. Of course the other way you might consider to go could be to set-up with SC and then move to self managed, but maybe more hassle than you wanted and you shouldn't need to do this.

Saz
    Debt -it's a fight that I'm winning, dealing with debt one day at a time.
    Estimated DFD August 2018 - 2031 - now 2027 :T

Guide dog Tess, missing Scotland 2 years

DMP support no438.
  • neiljmuk
    neiljmuk Posts: 186 Forumite
    neiljmuk wrote: »
    Nice one. Looks like one step away from being defaulted and I'm sure any DCA they pass it on to will send at least one letter first. If I'm defaulted I'm sure they will find be quite accommodating!

On another note, Lloyds have passed to OD on to Wescott to sort out without defaulting it. Any advice there? and also Lync Financial have an old BC debt that is not defaulted.

It says it's up to day, like proper green on the credit file with all the old BC data gone which is odd given I've not made a payment to them yet! Thoughts esp on why they are making settled payments with no bad markers on my file?

Do DCAs usually default you easier if they get the debt before the default.

Would they have to default me then give me some warning before taking a CCJ route?

Thanks in advance

Hi all, sorry to quote myself but anyone any ideas on the Q's raised here. Quirky situations I'm not 100% sure about, tho think I'd be pretty clued up after this little bump is passed.... Very messy since going self managed but only cos I have to have a clean sweep of defaults.
    LBM October 2014 :idea: DMP with StepChange as of March 2015
    Debt at Start of DMP 01/03/15: [STRIKE]£36,282.69[/STRIKE] :eek:
    Debt Now: £33,993.48 :j
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,717
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Ambassador
    neiljmuk wrote: »
    Hi all, sorry to quote myself but anyone any ideas on the Q's raised here. Quirky situations I'm not 100% sure about, tho think I'd be pretty clued up after this little bump is passed.... Very messy since going self managed but only cos I have to have a clean sweep of defaults.

Hi,

Most likely these DCA's are just managing the debts, you will be written to if they do sell them.

As regards defaults, guidelines state you risk been defaulted after 3/6 missed contractual payments.

If it's been longer than this, write and complain, and ask them to default you.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    Hi all

Update of situation so far

Had a phone call from SC this morning saying they have received our paperwork etc. I have just had to email across CC long numbers and Loan numbers.

The gentleman said that once they receive these details we should be up and running. 1st payment to go out 1st April :j

Just waiting for email confirmation that all is ok

Wanting to breathe a huge sigh of relief but will wait until I here from them.

Everything so far has been easy. Please let the last hurdle be a doddle too :)
    M
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • Hi all just dropped in to see how all are getting on. Plenty of activity and support as usual. After a couple of reduce payments due to unforeseen circumstances i am back up to normal payments but will see how the budgting goes before my budget review in summer. I have been increasing payments every year to counter interest payments and try to keep on schedule for finishing in 2019. But it left things tight and costs are going up it might be time to ease back to make sure enough in the pot for everyday things and DMP will finish when it finishes.

Keep up the support and commitment - and those posting as just starting out i can hear my own words in your posts when i started and absolutely you will think thank goodness why didnt i do this earlier. :)
    LBM Sept 2012
    started DMP 1.11.12
    Debt [STRIKE]£37012[/STRIKE]/£0 DFD January 2019 :beer:
  • Hi Sourcrates and January and Saz and Harry!
    Thank you for repying to me. I feel like such a drama queen now. It just goes to show though, doesn't it, when you're low and you have money worries how it can affect your mental health. I took it so personally that no one had replied and yet, I know it isn't personal. !!
    Thank you so much for your advice. I will be getting in touch with BC and will be marking my letter COMPLAINT. :)

HI SS, I missed your first posts as not on here as much as id like to be. But thought id let you know i had a similar experience with them. I too have had interest on my cc charged at lower rate in the early years then nothing then back on to a higher but still lower than normal rate then in August last year i got a statement saying that i was being charged at full rate of the card 26% !!! i called them and they said because my monthly payment was bigger than minimum payment even though i was on a DMP that it was no longer considered an AP. My credit showed ok. They said they would hold it for 90 days while i spoke to SC who said that we cant enforce the how they charge interest. So now i havent had a statement for months. My Noddle account gives me latest balance ( a month or 2 behind) but the difference is now an extention of a few months. I had to reduce payments last two months but heard nothing from them. So i am just waiting to see what happens for now and keep paying DMP. If i hear anything else though will let you know. Its the only one of remaining 3 that is not defaulted hence why i am wondering about paying off and then just closing so it would fall off my credit as settled rather than another 6 years at default.
    LBM Sept 2012
    started DMP 1.11.12
    Debt [STRIKE]£37012[/STRIKE]/£0 DFD January 2019 :beer:
  • neiljmuk
    neiljmuk Posts: 186 Forumite
    sourcrates wrote: »
    Hi,

Most likely these DCA's are just managing the debts, you will be written to if they do sell them.

As regards defaults, guidelines state you risk been defaulted after 3/6 missed contractual payments.

If it's been longer than this, write and complain, and ask them to default you.

Thank you. Appreciated. Any thoughts on Lynk Financial marking my payments of zero each month as settled?
    LBM October 2014 :idea: DMP with StepChange as of March 2015
    Debt at Start of DMP 01/03/15: [STRIKE]£36,282.69[/STRIKE] :eek:
    Debt Now: £33,993.48 :j
  • Hello, I was wondering whether anyone could give me so advise. I'm recently separated and currently have a mortgage & DMP in joint names but I am maintaining the payments for both. Ideally I'd like to remortgage in my own name & clear the debt. I have a gaurentor; but haven't a clue where to start looking, or even if such a lender exists. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    Hello folks.
    So I received a warning of a default letter from V1rgin - and then today a letter for "termination of my credit agreement" requiring the balance to be paid in full. It says that if not received "we may sell your account to a third party who will take responsibility for recovering the money owed."
    So this all sounds good...I had written to them at the end of Jan to advise I needed a further 3 months of token payments do I keep paying these to V1rgin until I hear from someone else? Then when I hear from someone else do I set up a payment arrangement immediately?

Really don't want anyone knocking on my door!

Thanks Hannah
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport