Existing customer 0% offers

book12
book12 Posts: 2,557 Forumite
It seems that existing customer offers on 0% for a number of months only applies to balance transfers and/or money transfers. There's no 0% purchase offers for existing customers.

Why are exsiting customer offers only concentrated on balance transfers and money transfers, and not 0% purchases?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I get a mix of BT, MT and purchase offers from my cards.

Perhaps you have the wrong cards?
  • LuSiVe
    LuSiVe Posts: 1,059 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Name Dropper
    I've had purchase offers from Barclaycard and M&S.
  • Marcio45
    Marcio45 Posts: 240 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I also had one offer from barclaycard for 0% purchases but only for 6 months. They offered it when i called to discuss interest rates.
  • Superscrooge
    Superscrooge Posts: 1,171 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I've just had a credit card offer from First Direct. 0% interest on purchases for 17 months
  • TheShape
    TheShape Posts: 1,779 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    I've just had a credit card offer from First Direct. 0% interest on purchases for 17 months

Do you already have a FD credit card? That's the offer I received when I opened a FD current account.
  • datlex
    datlex Posts: 2,239 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I have had offers from Barclaycard regarding balance transfers, though they aren't actually 0% as you pay a transfer fee. If you look at most balance transfers have a fee. Most banks will promote their products to their customers.
    Paid off the last of my unsecured debts in 2016. Then saved up and bought a property. Current aim is to pay off my mortgage as early as possible. Currently over paying every month. Mortgage due to be paid off in 2036 hoping to get it paid off much earlier. Set up my own bespoke spreadsheet to manage my money.
  • Superscrooge
    Superscrooge Posts: 1,171 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    TheShape wrote: »
    Do you already have a FD credit card? That's the offer I received when I opened a FD current account.

I don't currently have a FD credit card, but have held a FD current account for years.

The offer states;

Eligibility requirements:
    To be eligibile for a first direct credit card you must:

hold a first direct 1st Account
    not have an existing credit card with first direct
    be a UK resident

I suspect it is an offer they sent to everyone who has a FD bank account and no FD credit card, rather than an offer personal to me.
  • Candyapple
    Candyapple Posts: 3,384 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    As an existing customer I've had five 0% purchases offers from Creation, albeit they were all only for 6 months each.

I've had 12 months 0% purchases offer from Barclaycard however this was offered over the phone and not via their usual methods of checking offers in online banking/email mailshots.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure