"Emergency Cash" - Natwest ATM

I was at a Natwest ATM the other day when i happened to press the enter button on the keypad for the hell of it before I was going to shove my card in.

I wasn't expecting anything to happen but something did - a screen came up asking me if i wanted 'emergency cash' and it asked me to enter a 6 digit security code twice and a withdrawal amount.

Is this some sort of new feature for those who've lost their cards or something - because it's the first i have heard of it. :eek: :confused:

Comments

• sarahlouise210
    sarahlouise210 Posts: 3,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have had brain surgery - sorry if I am a little confused sometimes ;)
  • that's exactly what it's for well done...

next question... does anyone know where we can get hold of these 6 digit codes?
  • ~Beanie~
    ~Beanie~ Posts: 3,043 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    that's exactly what it's for well done...

They give them to you over the phone when you call them to advise that your card has been lost/stolen.
    :p
  • Kavanne
    Kavanne Posts: 5,093 Forumite
    that's exactly what it's for well done...

Yeah natwest cards lost/stolen

And it's only your money they let you withdraw.
    Kavanne
    Nuns! Nuns! Reverse!

'I do my job, do you do yours?'

• HSBC have a similar system but only through branches for First Direct and HSBC group customers-if a customer needs emergency cash-the call centre will sent and FVQ to a selected branch with a code and a password chosen by the customer then cash is dispensed. I do think the Natwest/RBS idea is really good though!
    Loan-£3600 only 24 months of payments to go!!!
    All debt consolodated and cards destroyed!!
    As D'Ream would sing 'Things.....can only get better'!!!
  • They tried to do this for me a year or cso back after an "issue" with my cards. I wasn't able to use the service due to consistantly being given the incorrect info.
    I'd like to hope they have it nailed now given that so much time has passed.

It sounds like a great idea, assuming it works.
  • chambta
    chambta Posts: 2,770 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    It's a clever idea. Clearly it's not going to be necessary all that often but could be a life safer in certain situations.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure