Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 7
    • Nick_C
    • By Nick_C 4th Dec 17, 3:23 PM
    • 3,143 Posts
    • 4,176 Thanks
    Nick_C
    That was largely my point. MSE ranks the free card higher than the paid one, yet there's really no reason to get the free one. If you want the voucher then pay the fee and get spend £10k. If you don't want the voucher then get a different card entirely (either the preferred rewards gold card or Platinum Cashback) because 1 Avios per £1 spent is a terrible return compared to other options.
    Originally posted by Vehlin
    I think the only reason to use the free BA card is if you are saving for a long time for a flight, and you don't need a voucher in the next year.

I've temporarily downgraded to the free card, because I have a voucher banked and I'm getting more avios/£ with my Lloyds card.

And if you are travelling solo, the Lloyds Avios card is better, as it allows one person to travel in Club World for the (avios) price of World Traveller plus
    • Nick_C
    • By Nick_C 4th Dec 17, 3:35 PM
    • 3,143 Posts
    • 4,176 Thanks
    Nick_C
    What survey sites are you using? How often?

I've gotten 1,000 Virgin Flying Club Miles via eRewards, but there are not many surveys and it takes too long to get enough to redeem.

~ 25k miles is a lot and I'm interested to know
    Originally posted by stevenhp1987
    Last year, I got 12,770 from Rewards for Thoughts, and my partner got 2725.

I also got 6,750 from e-rewards and my partner got 2,750

First five months of this year, we got 16,000 from e-rewards and 8,500 from Rewards for Thoughts.

I've more or less stopped for now as I've got nearly 200,000 Avios banked.

I am time rich as I have retired, so I couldn't tell you how long it took, but I would guess about 200 Avios an hour on average, so probably 3 hours a week.
    • Roger1
    • By Roger1 5th Dec 17, 12:15 PM
    • 1,308 Posts
    • 580 Thanks
    Roger1
    So that's an additional 30,000 Avios for £195 which is 65p per Avios.
    Originally posted by Vehlin
    Really?

Of course not. I make it 0.65p (or £0.0065) using those figures.
    • Vehlin
    • By Vehlin 7th Dec 17, 11:19 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Vehlin
    Really?

Of course not. I make it 0.65p (or £0.0065) using those figures.
    Originally posted by Roger1
    You're right, I was off by a couple of zeros there. It does further reinforce my point however, that there's really no point in getting the free BA Amex.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

259Posts Today

1,612Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Nice debating with (all but the rude ones) of you. Bedtime for me now. Goodnight #bbcqt

• RT @kevmthomas: @MartinSLewis It was a comment you made about the referendum being a binary choice on a non binary issue that helped me rea?

• To clarify this. Cameron's gamble that having a stark vote'd mean his team won. He gambled wrong (that's not a stat? https://t.co/NSCT3aKvGS

• Follow Martin