Parking Fees paid to Premier Parking

I used a car park at Exeter Sandy Park for a 3.5 hour parking whilst at a conference. I made a mistake and paid for 2 days parking at £18.50 using a debit card. I contacted the staff at the conference centre who said parking wasn't anything to do with them. They said I needed to write to the card parking company Premier Park Ltd to obtain a refund.

The car park has CCTV tracking the cars entering and leaving to issue parking charges for anyone who is staying over there time slots. I called the company leaving a voice message on the answer phone recording my leaving time at 19.15 and arrival time at 16.00 stating I would be writing to them to request a refund.

I wrote a letter and had a reply saying due to human error no refunds can be issued, and I should check the transaction value before confirming.

I don't agree with this and think in the nature of fairness a refund should be given for purchases made in error. Is there any consumer law I can use to pursue my quest for a refund for the parking charges I have over paid. Or is a Visa chargeback my best option?

I've looked online at the Premier Park Ltd accounts and as of 31.03.16 they had cash of £314,506 and reserves of £555,998. I dont think they will miss the £16.50 overpayment I am trying to recover from them.

Comments

• IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    Premier Parking and fairness are not words often put together.

You have no right to a refund. You don't have a right to a chargeback, as the other party are not in breach of contract. You might get lucky but any refund would be a goodwill gesture.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure