Argos - gggrrr

2»

Comments

• Dreamnine
    Dreamnine Posts: 8,370 Forumite
    I haven't had any issues with deliveries from Argos personally but would be annoyed if I had to put up with yours.
    I shot a vein in my neck and coughed up a Quaalude.
    Lou Reed The Last Shot
  • Chris25
    Chris25 Posts: 12,918 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    well, most of the delivery has turned up but the driver is unsure where the rest of it is - possibly left on the first lorry?
  • parkrunner
    parkrunner Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I wouldn't be particularly angry about a non delivery if they had the decency to phone and let me know. It's the lack of communication that is the real problem.
    It's nothing , not nothink.
  • sleepymans
    sleepymans Posts: 902 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Buy from John Lewis next time!
    :A Goddess :A
  • If they vehicle had been involved in an accident, would you expect your goods delivered on time.
    But accidents are unexpected so can't be factored into delivery planning.
    Traffic however is to be expected and is part and parcel of driving on today's congested roads so why not allow a little bit of extra time for each scheduled drop off to allow for this?
    Even if the delay was due to unforeseen circumstances, is it really too much to expect that the person waiting for the delivery is informed of what is happening?
    Nothing you can do if they don't have available delivery slots unless you expect them to removed someone else's order off a van, so they can deliver yours
    Why would they need to unload another customer's order?
    If one day's deliveries are delayed, reschedule them for the next day and arrange for another lorry and driver to be hired from elsewhere to get the items delivered in the shortest possible time.
    If a taxi company is short of vehicles or drivers they can easily subcontract from another business and if an airline has a technical problem with one of its aircraft and they don't have a spare, they can charter from another airline so why can't Argos do the same?
  • montyrebel
    montyrebel Posts: 646 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    is your son unable to make a phonecall? why does he have his mammy do it for him?
    mortui non mordent
  • montyrebel wrote: »
    is your son unable to make a phonecall? why does he have his mammy do it for him?

As the son only moved in yesterday, maybe the landline hasn't been connected up yet and the son either doesn't have a mobile or the signal in the new house is very poor.
  • Chris25
    Chris25 Posts: 12,918 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    montyrebel wrote: »

I'm the one who ordered it as a moving-in present for him so I'm the person CS need to speak to - won't even speak to my husband as his name is not on the order.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure