* I wish it could be Christmas every day * - It's the 2017 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• freespirit66
    Options
    Afternoon everyone, its our turn to do nothing and still be in our pjs today, we are shattered and just doing what we fancy. I got an Amazon voucher off of DD2 so have downloaded 12 books to my kindle and have ordered crackers and wrapping paper for Thumper from Debenhams sale to be picked up tomorrow and thats about it, this afternoon it will be catch up tv from the things i didnt get to watch over christmas. I'm glad everyones christmas was lovely. I usually take my decs down before NYE i cant stand having them up into the new year so i think on Friday they will come down.

#103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • Treasurequeen
    Options
    I am back for a while at least I get my internet fitted next week, I hope everyone had a great Christmas.

Newthrift congratulations! Welcome newbies to the thread, I have missed a few posts from 2016 thread so if I have missed anything I am sorry.

Went to Sainsbury's this morning and got a load of wrapping paper, cellotape and gift tags priced from 10p-50p. Got some luxury crackers in sale too for £3.00 and have good prizes in so that's for my Christmas table next year theme sorted, red, black and gold very sophisticated. I got two round Christmas table cloths with my aldi shop for £6.99 so they will last a long time.
  • LMG1305
    LMG1305 Posts: 179 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Hi All

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas. Ours went really well. We had our christmas dinner on Christmas Eve, did visiting on Christmas Day, lots of family over on Boxing Day and now relaxing while watching TV, eating lots of food and browsing the online sales.

The hampers I did for my daughters went down very well. I also did smaller hampers for my sisters & they loved them too so I think I will end up doing something similar in 2017.

I'm looking forward to another New Year and finding out what 2017 has in store for us.
  • welshkaren45
    Options
    Hiyas all I love to read your posts and one of my new years resolutions is to be ready for Christmas and generally more organised in life, so thought I would come out of hiding :)..
    Aiming to spend less,want less and need less.
  • 3forholidays
    Options
    Welcome to the thread iammumtoone & welshkaren45.

It is great to see so many new people joining the thread! :)
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
  • AJGray
    AJGray Posts: 77 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all, I love christmas prep and usually stat in the new year.

My stocks are near depleted so starting to stock back up.

I think this thread is right up my street :D
    Sealed Pot Challenge #012
    :j New Year New Start 2017 will be my Year :j
  • crazy-cat-lady_2
    Options
    Don't know if anyone is already putting food and drink type things away for next year, but I went a bit OTT in the whittards sale and ended up with way too much hot chocolate and mulled wine flavour instant tea. Luckily both are good til into 2018, so are stashed for next year.
    Might be handy to some.
    Also got quite a few chutneys on sale that have well over a year on them to go away too. Though started making my own this year, so probably didn't need that many.
    Book a week challenge: 11/52. Competitions won in 2021: 12
  • 3forholidays
    Options
    Welcome to the thread AJGray!

Crazy Cat Lady You will just need to remember that you have them stashed away and don't go out and buy more next year! :D It is quite surprising the length of the use by dates on some items.
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
  • iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Popped into the supermarket today hoping to get some bits of decorations in the sale. They didn't have any left, I think shops are much better now at controlling what they need to you don't see the bargains as much as you used to.

We desperately need a new tree but I refuse to buy one at full price. I have been looking this time of year for the last few years but yet to find one :( all they had today was one that was still too much £40 even though it was half price and one for £10 which would have been ideal but it was pre-lit which I don't want as I like our own lights.

On the plus side I did get a big tin of sweets half price which I have put away to take into work on my birthday.

crazy cat lady you can never have too much hot chocolate.

Treasurequeen
    well done on your haul.
  • mrsinvisible
    Options
    Have the grandnibs all to myself as the parents are off to a hotel for the night (present from me) and as they return to China on new years eve that is when my decs will come down, cant think l'd enjoy them after that. Have not been to any sales yet, nor done any online, the Christmas cupboards are still full, for adults pressies and its no good getting for the nibs as they will have changed their minds in 12 months. Have met the challenge of Vegan meals, his Christmas day red onion and asparagus tart looked great, in fact, his wife insisted on eating it with him!!
    Lovely to see so many new posters, and Feisty, great to see you back. You are right to set limits on adults gifts, and home/hand made are very special.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure