CCJ ....six years is up

Hello

I have a CCJ where the six years is up from 7 March 2017.

So, what do I do to get it removed from credit files.
Is it automatic or do I need to pay a fee like the cert of satisfaction that I paid for a few years ago.

Thank you

Comments

• National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi

The CCJ will automatically come off after 6 years. It might take up to a month for the credit file to update.

James
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,825 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Certainly don't pay anyone who says they can remove it !!!!!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • dazzaofdagenham
    dazzaofdagenham Posts: 1,511 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    sourcrates wrote: »
    Certainly don't pay anyone who says they can remove it !!!!!

No of course not..

But I thought maybe there was a fee to have it removed.

Think I paid about a tenner for a cert of satisfaction about 2 years ago. So I was wondering if a further fee was payable now that the six years is up.

So far it appears not.

Thanks
  • dazzaofdagenham
    So today is 6 years for my CCJ :j:j:j

One default will also fall off my file later in the month

Then that's it....debt free and clean credit file

Well.....except the mortgage
  • dazzaofdagenham
    Do people think that my CCJ ending in 7 March will effect in my noodle credit report which I think gets updated at the end of month.
  • StopIt
    StopIt Posts: 1,470 Forumite
    Noddle (I love it when people have Autocorrect and changes it to Noodle) are usually a bit slow, so you might need to wait until next month to see your clean Credit Report. :)

In debt and looking for help? Look here for the MSE Debt Help Guide.
    Also, If you need any free and impartial debt advice, the National Debtline, Stepchange, and the CAB can help.
  • Congratulations dazza ! :beer::beer::j:j
  • dazzaofdagenham
    Congratulations dazza ! :beer::beer::j:j

Thank you.....have a default that expires on the 17 match 2017 and then I'm bad debt free.

Couple of interest free balances on credit card....but credit file ( keep tempting to say score ) should be clean.

And it's gonna stay that way
  • Thank you.....have a default that expires on the 17 match 2017 and then I'm bad debt free.

Couple of interest free balances on credit card....but credit file ( keep tempting to say score ) should be clean.

And it's gonna stay that way

Being st Patricks day then . You know what to do :beer:
  • Being st Patricks day then . You know what to do :beer:

Oooo....may just tempt me to spend a few pounds !!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure