Should I ask my student son to pay housekeeping?

1235»

Comments

• lika_86
    lika_86 Posts: 1,753
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    ska_lover wrote: »
    Yes he needs to chip in. He has more disposable income than many adults - this guy has his cake and eat it at the mo

Amended for you:

Yes he needs to chip in. He has more disposable debt than many adults - this guy has his cake and eat it at the mo
  • ska_lover
    ska_lover Posts: 3,773
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    lika_86 wrote: »
    Amended for you:

Yes he needs to chip in. He has more disposable debt than many adults - this guy has his cake and eat it at the mo

Please can you explain what disposable debt is? Never heard of that phrase
    The opposite of what you know...is also true
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,863
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    ska_lover wrote: »
    Please can you explain what disposable debt is? Never heard of that phrase

Given that his 'income' as you called it, is actually a loan that will have to be repaid, it is really a debt.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • ska_lover
    ska_lover Posts: 3,773
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 17 October 2016 at 6:50PM
    silvercar wrote: »
    Given that his 'income' as you called it, is actually a loan that will have to be repaid, it is really a debt.

Income as I call it? LOL did you not read the guy in question also has a part time job?

Nevermind. I can see any intelligent convo is not going to happen with you > On ignore..bye
    The opposite of what you know...is also true
  • Lbuk
    Lbuk Posts: 71
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I'd definitely take some money off my children if they stayed with me, if just to ensure they were saving more than anything - I could always give it back upon graduation not that I'd tell them in advance. Or not.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure