Even the pennies help

Options
So it gave me great joy to finally close my Next account! So far the penny savings have me about £40 up which is going towards clearing debt. Got a rebate from Elec and Gas too! Paid £14 toward my capital one card today too, spare cash after the monthly bills :j

Ebay is well on the hit list and it's all adding up!

My head is finally not freaking out and I'm getting on my feet, albeit it slowly. I know i shouldn't wish away time but i can't wait till next January to feel free of 4 debt maybe even 5 if i really try hard.

I've been through absolute hell this past six months, its nice to see some light peeking through
OD1 £1900 OD2 £500 Capital One CC £1411 Tesco CC 0% £2906 Tesco CC 0% £1927 MBNA 0% CC £1981

Comments

• phoenixx
    phoenixx Posts: 228 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    nic01 wrote: »
    So it gave me great joy to finally close my Next account! So far the penny savings have me about £40 up which is going towards clearing debt. Got a rebate from Elec and Gas too! Paid £14 toward my capital one card today too, spare cash after the monthly bills :j

Ebay is well on the hit list and it's all adding up!

My head is finally not freaking out and I'm getting on my feet, albeit it slowly. I know i shouldn't wish away time but i can't wait till next January to feel free of 4 debt maybe even 5 if i really try hard.

I've been through absolute hell this past six months, its nice to see some light peeking through

Well done, nic01 - these kind of savings are very important and really put you back in control of your finances! :T
    DMP since August 2011
    DFD January 2018 hopefully sooner :j
    Debt at start: £98769:eek:
    Debt now: £24993:o
    Paid back: £73776 :j
    Taking it one day at a time:T
  • nic01_2
    nic01_2 Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    They really do, for the first time in years I'm actually getting somewhere just wish i have done it sooner haha!
    OD1 £1900 OD2 £500 Capital One CC £1411 Tesco CC 0% £2906 Tesco CC 0% £1927 MBNA 0% CC £1981
  • another_casualty
    another_casualty Posts: 6,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good luck nic 01 ;)
  • TheSilverYew
    TheSilverYew Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    Well done, hey, everything helps, even pennies!

I feel like a million pounds when I find roadkill, and it all adds up ^_^
    Money owed [STRIKE](May 2016)[/STRIKE] July 2017 : Mortgage: [STRIKE]£83,775.72[/STRIKE] £80,189.95 Student loan: [STRIKE]£43000[/STRIKE] £38633.80 Family: £11500. :mad::eek::mad:
  • Gettingtherequickly
    Options
    Absolutely! I am in the lucky position that I became debt free a few years ago, but in January, I decided to open an account and transfer savings made etc into it to see how much it will total over the year. Up to now, it was simply part of my account and the amounts simply washed up in it.

So far this year, I have transferred the interest on my Santander 123 account, cash back rewards, the difference in my gas & electricity DD's (am lucky to have smart meters, so DD automatically adjusted) less the £5 monthly charge for my account and it comes to £130 approx. Got to admit, I was quite staggered at seeing the amount creep up.

I am not saying this to gloat, but point out that when you reach your debt free day, those pennies will still work to your favour, but in this case, will be nice treats.
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • nic01_2
    nic01_2 Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    I can't wait to be in a position to put this money into savings. It have definitely made me consider my spending and debts going forward. I'm actually excited to be almost ready to pay off another one!!

Im quite motivated to get myself out the red as soon as i can!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure