The "Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2012" challenge - PART 3!!!

Comments

• Linzight
    Linzight Posts: 194 Forumite
    First Post
    SpagBol wrote: »
    I've downloaded EEBA and it looks good, I'll have a play with it but since my income is so variable I think I might keep going the way I am and use something like this when our incomes are more set in stone and we have less debt. I think it will be really useful to budget and monitor when we have more money again to spend on stuff so we don't get back into bad habits!!

Mine is pretty variable too so I've gone with a worst case scenario but have been pretty tight with myself budget wise. It's going to be a challenge!
    Debt Free by Christmas 2012 #205 DONE!
    £2012 in 2012 #128 £1900/£2012
    £2 Saver 2012 #78 £0/MOT
  • Superheavy
    Superheavy Posts: 468 Forumite
    I think Jemma was right in terms of the expense of a bank holiday weekend...spend a little too much on beer and my dad's birthday didn't help either. Hoping to pay off some more before the end of the month, but not sure how far along I can get. If I hit 35% by the end of the month I'll be happy with that.

Not to worry...I'm sure things'll pick up next month!
    DFW - DEBT FREEEEEE!

Total - 10762/10762 :)

Every silver lining has its cloud.
  • kerri_dfw
    kerri_dfw Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    41 items listed on fleabay and counting, another NSD in the bag as well :D I resisted buying cushion pads, will save them for an unavoidable spend day. Lovely lentil chili made in the slow cooker, if anyone wants the recipe I am happy to post it :)
    Diary: Getting back on track for 2013 and beyond
    DEBT FREE 13-10-13 :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
    Beautiful daughter born 11.1.14
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]£399,435.91[/STRIKE] £377218.83
    Deposit loan from Dad: £9000[STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE]
  • sharronej
    sharronej Posts: 578 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I haven't worked out the full financial hit on the weekend yet but it won't be cheap! Managed to buy a beautiful material for covering my dining chairs to protect them from spills, thought it was going to be forty pounds but it was only twenty plus we're going picking a Dining Table and chairs up for our daughter's new house today, the set was originally £500 but we've found one on Gumtree for £150 - still more than we hoped but spent all day looking for something cheaper which turned from a four to an eight seater, It's perfect where space is limited but you can open it out if you have guests. We've still a washing machine and a bed base to buy but due to the overspend on the table she won'tbe having lots of little extras like matching bedding lol. I didn't sleep well again last night so I'm hoping for a relaxing day pottering, a movie day would be ideal lol. Don't know if I mentioned it but we had an emergen y trip to the vets on Fridaywith our very old cat (she's 19) she had Cystitis the poor thing anyway that was an unexpected £40 spend to start the weekend!

Have a lovely day everyone, well done to Kerri and Gemma and I'll have a look at that app, I use old fashioned pen and paper at the moment but I might bring myself up to the 21st century.
  • SpagBol
    SpagBol Posts: 1,371 Forumite
    kerri_dfw wrote: »
    41 items listed on fleabay and counting, another NSD in the bag as well :D I resisted buying cushion pads, will save them for an unavoidable spend day. Lovely lentil chili made in the slow cooker, if anyone wants the recipe I am happy to post it :)

Yes please Kerri, I love lentils especially in a curry and I'm trying to use my slow cooker more. I have shed loads of lamb left over from our roast later will make a big soup with a country soup mix tomorrow (at ILs for dinner today) but was thinking about a curry too might adapt your recipe and add a bit of chopped lamb if you don't mind posting it here :)
    DMP started Oct '17: £79,974 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
  • jakes-mum
    jakes-mum Posts: 4,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Good Morning DFBX'ers

Well I feel cac today, thought last night that my throat was starting to feel scratchy, had a horrible disturbed sleep where I kept waking up in pain and have got up this morning to massive glands and tonsils :( Have had to cry through swallowing pain killers just so that I can numb the pain enough to eat some breakfast :(

Got to try and do a shopping trip today (would send the husband but he wouldnt stick to the list as he cant read it, would buy lots of extras that 'looked nice' and probably forget the one item I was actually desperate for) I was going to do a 2 shop trip but tbh im not up to it, i'll suffer through one and they can live off the food thats here till next weekend.

Well Done everyone thats paid some debt, sorry for the vagueness, cant retain anything ive just read this morning
    SPC No 002 SPC(3) £285/£250 (4) £519.84/£500 (5) £768.32/£500 (6) £911.30/£600 (7) £913.23/£600 (8) £1184.82/£750 (9) £2864.04/£750 (10) £3846.25/£1000 (11) £1779.72/£1000 (12) £1596.55/£1000 (13) £1534.70/£1000 (14) £775.60/£1000 (15) £700.20/£1000 (16) £2081.34/£1000 (17) £0/£1000
  • mf0u1098
    mf0u1098 Posts: 1,595 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Hey everyone, sorry I've been awol over this weekend but I've been pulling (well trying anyway!) to pull up 8 connifer tree stumps from our garden... We're currently at 8-0 to the tree stumps!!! Honestly, I have dug almost all of the way to Singapore so far and have only just found the roots of one of them... At least all this hard manual labour is helping my weightloss although my back will not thank me for this I'm sure!

I have a confession to make though... I went to a garden centre on Friday and spent quite a bit of money :eek: BUT I see it as an investment as I bought lots of vegetable plants and fruit trees so I will be able to eat all my own produce throughout summer. I've been researching the squarefoot gardening technique so i know how many to plant in a certain space.

I'm trying to pull the tree stumps out of the back garden as they are in the raised bed we have out there (approx 10ft x 5ft ish) so it's perfect for growing all my new veggies but the roots and stumps take up a lot of room and probably a lot of the water and nutrients so they've got to go!!!

The plants I've bought are:

Peppers, onions, lettuce, parsnip, peas, cabbage (round and savoy), strawberry, spring onion, carrots (my favourite for some reason), broccoli, raspberry, logenberry, boysenberry and blackberry. I'm just getting ready to go to another garden centre to get some seed potatos and some more compost as we're completely out. My grandma has leant me her mini-greenhouse that she's never opened so I will set that up to put in my mini-plants until they are ready to be planted (both because of the weather and my tree stumps are in the way!) :rotfl:

Well, I've got to dash but absolutely loving gardening at the minute and can't wait to start eating my own grown food YUMMY :D. I'll catch up on the thread this evening when my body won't be able to move... :rotfl: I hope you are all doing really well and enjoying the break even though the weather is a bit pants :A xxx

*skips off whilst whistling..."in an English country gar-r-den..." * :rotfl:
    New Debt Journey: Pay off £19,622.91 by 30th April 2015 :T

Debt at Highest: £43,073 :eek:
  • Barbeduk
    Barbeduk Posts: 869 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi all, well it's carp here today so instead of the promised day at the beach with fish and chips, it's a sofa day with borrowed DVDs! Tbh the kids look knackered as it's been pretty full on this weekend and they can concentrate on decluttering Easter eggs!!

So reckon I'm up £20 so have just paid that to the cc, feeling like I should polish my halo, cleaning the kitchen floor instead!!
    #319 £2694.53/£6109.94
    Sorry to hear you're feeling rough jakes-mum, that shouldn't be allowed in the holidays. And good luck with the garden Jemma, sounds like a fab trip to the garden centre. That's one of the places I've had to ban myself from this year!!:o
    Make £2020 in 2020 £178.81/£2020
    SPC 13 #51
    Feb Grocery Challenge £4.68/£200
  • jakes-mum
    jakes-mum Posts: 4,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Barbeduk wrote: »
    Sorry to hear you're feeling rough jakes-mum, that shouldn't be allowed in the holidays. And good luck with the garden Jemma, sounds like a fab trip to the garden centre. That's one of the places I've had to ban myself from this year!!:o

Ah ty, just had a blazing row with DH who tried to tell me I wasnt well enough to go shopping to then stand up and realise my legs dont actually want to support me and im now in bed with the worlds smallest laptop and they have all gone shopping without me :o

At least he refrained from muttering 'I told you so' as he carried me up the stairs :(
    SPC No 002 SPC(3) £285/£250 (4) £519.84/£500 (5) £768.32/£500 (6) £911.30/£600 (7) £913.23/£600 (8) £1184.82/£750 (9) £2864.04/£750 (10) £3846.25/£1000 (11) £1779.72/£1000 (12) £1596.55/£1000 (13) £1534.70/£1000 (14) £775.60/£1000 (15) £700.20/£1000 (16) £2081.34/£1000 (17) £0/£1000
  • kerri_dfw
    kerri_dfw Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Sharronej - that's some great bargains you've picked up there and I'm sure your daughter will appreciate it more than having the little bits that she can go and purchase herself :) Sorry to hear about the cat I hope she's feeling better now.

Spagbol - it was a very yummy chili, although the recipe uses too much chili and cayenne pepper powder for my liking, so I think where it says "3T" it actually should be 3t for teaspoons instead of tablespoons. Either that or the woman likes REALLY hot food. If you do follow the recipe and it gets too hope, just add some demerara sugar, that tamed it for me :)recipe here

Jakes-mum - hope you feel better soon :( I think it's the change in temperature that's knocking people for six at the moment, I was feeling really rundown last week. Although there is that thing of when you have a holiday weekend you always end up sick, real pain though *big hugs*

Jemma - Aw I've just got into gardening too, although I'm growing my veg from seeds as although it'll take a little longer it's really quite cute watching them coming up :) Lettuce is really easy to grow from seed if you get the chance to find some more, I'm still waiting for the little pea to make his appearance, he's been poking through the top of the soil but not emerged just yet. You are defo right though, the money you spend now will be saved when it comes to harvesting the fruits of your labour ;)

Barbeduk - after staying up until 3.30am listing thing on fleabay I'm with you on the movie day :) I'm doing nothing today, absolutely nothing!

Well TCB have just reported that my n3tflix payment has been approved and is sat waiting in my account, I have over £18 on there now which I think I shall convert to rainforest vouchers, but need to decide what I want/need from the rainforest. I do want the 3rd book in the series that I'm currently reading (it's a book that was popular in film quite recently, about a girl with a tattoo of a dragon ;) ) I've not seen any of the films yet as I'm reading the book first. Although saying that I do need some tupperware, so maybe I'll split between tupperware and a book :)

I've just paid my daily £1 to the c/c, quite liking paying it everyday and £1 doesn't seem like very much when I'm doing it like this. Have also just scheduled all my items to active on fleabay, so I shall await the watchers and the bidders. I was going to try to list the additional 33 items to get me to the max of 100, but I don't have it in me to attempt it after spending so long yesterday doing listings.

Anyway, #005 £2628/£5030
    Diary: Getting back on track for 2013 and beyond
    DEBT FREE 13-10-13 :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
    Beautiful daughter born 11.1.14
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]£399,435.91[/STRIKE] £377218.83
    Deposit loan from Dad: £9000[STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income