Recommendations for Photographer and DJ in Bristol/South West

Options
As the title says really; can anyone recommend a good wedding photographer or DJ? It would be nice to have a personal recommendation from someone who has used their services and been happy with them, to give us some peace of mind.

Budget for photographer is £600 max (happy with just a high-res CD with printing rights as we can get an album made up ourselves), not sure about DJ as I don't know what the going rate is so we haven't set a budget yet.

NB: I am looking for recommendations from people who have had experience of the photographer/DJ, not from photographers/DJs touting for business. Sorry if that sounds a little blunt, but I'm sure other forum users will understand where I'm coming from!!

Many thanks!
:heart::heart::heart: Marrying my lovely man on 1st September 2012 :heart::heart::heart:
:love:

The right to express an opinion does not override the responsibility to show respect. :)

Comments

• ac085
    ac085 Posts: 83 Forumite
    Options
    I've not got married yet but I have had a few quotes from a few DJ's

They range from about 100 to 350. My wedding coordinator at my venue said that about 180-200 is an average/the going rate for a dj for the evening.
    Lots can do light shows/smoke etc Others are more basic. kinda depends what you are looking for and how big a space you have to play to.

As for photographers there are loads around the area - depends on your style that you want and how long you want them. Mine are a little over your budget. I am happy with them now but obviously I haven't had any photos taken yet so can't really comment on their work. They are very friendly though!
  • Bride2be24
    Bride2be24 Posts: 2,323 Forumite
    edited 31 August 2011 at 11:04PM
    Options
    Get intouch with our photographer - Adrian Spencer @ http://www.willheyweddingphotography.com/ he is based in New Mills (Not far from Manchester) but he travels. Maybe he could do you a good deal?? Worth a try huni, no harm in asking. He is a fabulous photographer x
    :D :T Became Mrs Allison on 23rd April 2011 :D:T

:heart::D Also trying for a baby :D:heart:
  • LittleMissInDebt
    Options
    Hiya

We used http://www.mayafiddlerphotography.com/ and she was lovely. I think she only started a year or so ago so we got her really cheap as we booked her when she was just starting out. All we wanted was the photos on DVD as well, but she did a free pre-wedding shoot with us (when I was pregnant so I loved having some photos) and sent us free prints, and then sent us free prints with the wedding DVD too.

Really can't praise her enough, would say I did ask my maid of honour (never backwards in coming forward) to get people in line for group shots as I was worried Maya was too polite for my rabble, but love her pics - have attached a couple.

LMID :)

217295_203973196310033_100000920620589_561093_3702608_n.jpg

311199_250094881697864_100000920620589_780563_6922308_n.jpg
    LittleMissInDebt
  • amy104
    amy104 Posts: 283 Forumite
    Options
    We used Classique Photgraphy in Long Ashton. Lots of our guests thought he was great because he was very down to earth and put people at ease. The photographs were excellent, a good mix of formal ones plus more natural ones taken as people went about enjoying the day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure