Ikea head office address?

Does anyone know Ikea's head office address, please?

I bought a loft bed from Ikea 04/03/05 and after getting it 90% assembled found that the last of the fasteners ( bolt like thingys) were not in the pack.
Phoned the helpdesk - staff apologised for the inconvenience, offered to order replacement parts to be sent or I could go back to the store & pick some up.
We go for option 2, as the old bed had to be removed to get the new bed into the room and they are about 5 minutes away.
Get to the store, get a stroppy assistant who tells me that she will have to order them for me as they don't have any in stock, will take maximum 7 days...:eek:
anyway, I explain that I now have a bed that is not fit for the purpose, she says "there is nothing else I can do, I have ordered the parts......."
I go to customer service desk and ask for complaints department - "there isn't 1, but you can fill in the feedback form and someone will contact you" ha ha ha
Fast ( well not actually ) forward to 2 weeks later - still no contact regarding complaint form, still no fasteners, therefore still no useable bed.
25/03/05 - I go to the "howtocomplain" website & write a letter.....
Phone the helpdesk again, and get more apologies, lovely chaps there, agreed that the service had been unsatisfactory , couldn't check system to see progress of ordered parts but offered to re-order and advised 7-10 days delivery. Sent me a £10 gift voucher. When I asked for address to send letter of complaint, was told that I could email from their website - would get to customer service helpdesk.
Received email next day apologising and explaining that as the store had none of the parts, they had to be sent from Sweden, 7 - 10 days maximum waiting time.
well, here we are, now almost 5 weeks from day of purchase , with no fasteners..... and no useable bed :mad:
Should I complain to head office? If so, how? (Can't find a physical address)
Should I be happy with the £10 gift voucher?
Any tips?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• mrcow
    mrcow Posts: 15,170
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    When they say they've "none in stock" do they mean any more beds? or just the spare fasteners?

If they have any more beds in stock, then insist that they open a box and remove the correct fittings that you require. They can then wait 7-10 days themselves for their own replacement.....

£10 for this runaround doesn't sound great, tell me it wasn't an Ikea voucher was it??!
    "One day I realised that when you are lying in your grave, it's no good saying, "I was too shy, too frightened."
    Because by then you've blown your chances. That's it."
  • tomh_2
    tomh_2 Posts: 23 Forumite
    UK details are:

Ikea Ltd.
    Ikea Tower
    255 North Circular Road
    London NW10 0JQ
    England
    Phone: 020-8233-2300
    Fax: 020-8451-2813

PrintKey Information
    D&B D-U-N-S Number 296600554
    Company Registration Number 1986283
    Line Of Business Furniture Retailers
    Location Type Headquarters

Key Numbers
    Annual Sales £882,330,000
    Annual Profit £132,775,000
    Total Employees 6,000
    Employees At This Location 140

Key Person
    Director Peter H Nielsen

Primary UK SIC Code
    52.440 Retail sale of furniture, lighting equipment and household articles not elsewhere classified

Primary US SIC Code
    5712 Furniture stores

If you want the Swedish details let me know and I can dig them out for you.
  • bokkie7975
    bokkie7975 Posts: 163 Forumite
    mrcow - they have no beds at the Glasgow store, only the display model, but I have just checked the Edinburgh store and they have stock, will give it a try, thanks. Yes, it is an Ikea voucher.
    tomh - thank you very much for the info, will be sending them a letter and see what happens.
    :T
  • mrcow
    mrcow Posts: 15,170
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Good luck ;)

IMO, £10 of store credit is a bit miserley. Good luck with your letter.
    "One day I realised that when you are lying in your grave, it's no good saying, "I was too shy, too frightened."
    Because by then you've blown your chances. That's it."
  • Ikea is a joke when it comes to treating the customer with any level of respect. the most disgustingly low levels of consumer help, I am pretty sure they only hire people who have previously been fired for giving low levels of customer service.

A REAL WARNING, DO NOT GO TO THE COVENTRY IKEA UNLESS YOU WANT VERY VERY POOR SERVICE, EVEN FROM THE MANAGERS!
  • Hi There

If you could find for me IKEA Group Head Office contact details I will be really appericeated.I think they based in Holland but when you seach on their website its not coming up.

Thank you for your help

Regards

tomh wrote: »
    UK details are:

Ikea Ltd.
    Ikea Tower
    255 North Circular Road
    London NW10 0JQ
    England
    Phone: 020-8233-2300
    Fax: 020-8451-2813

PrintKey Information
    D&B D-U-N-S Number 296600554
    Company Registration Number 1986283
    Line Of Business Furniture Retailers
    Location Type Headquarters

Key Numbers
    Annual Sales £882,330,000
    Annual Profit £132,775,000
    Total Employees 6,000
    Employees At This Location 140

Key Person
    Director Peter H Nielsen

Primary UK SIC Code
    52.440 Retail sale of furniture, lighting equipment and household articles not elsewhere classified

Primary US SIC Code
    5712 Furniture stores

If you want the Swedish details let me know and I can dig them out for you.
  • uktim29
    uktim29 Posts: 2,722 Forumite
    golden07 wrote: »
    Hi There

If you could find for me IKEA Group Head Office contact details I will be really appericeated.I think they based in Holland but when you seach on their website its not coming up.

Thank you for your help

Regards

Aren't they Swedish? You'll probably have to write in Swedish!
  • :beer: thank you, been searching the web for 15 mins for that address, should have come here first :) :T
    took on Abbey, Barclays and woolwich and WON. starting new life in Canada! debt free from March 2013!!!
  • ChrisCobra
    ChrisCobra Posts: 1,647 Forumite
    My mrs is swedish if u need help with a letter.
  • Takoda
    Takoda Posts: 1,846 Forumite
    ChrisCobra wrote: »
    My mrs is swedish if u need help with a letter.

The OP has probably got it sorted now as the thread was originally posted in April 2005!!!

Kind offer though mate.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport