Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Comments

• Just returned from hols and am catching up with things. W.B. website states, "Initial deposit by cheque and standing order to be set up at account opening". Cheques have been used in the past to assist in money laundering investigations but has anyone who is an existing customer managed to open one with notes?
    I am currently just a bit too tired to trawl through their T + Cs to check how long they take for clearance and start looking for my cheque book.
  • Special_Saver2
    Special_Saver2 Posts: 1,405 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 2 September 2013 at 1:06AM
    Hi Everybody,

I have carried out this weekend's update. Thanks to the posters above regarding the Mansfield BS account. The link I had to their issue 2 account was still working, so I did not spot that they had also launched issue 3. I presume that people with issue 2 are going to keep getting 3% as their website shows that as the current interest rate for issue 2.

I have spotted on their website that they now have a children's version of this account (up to and including age 17) which is identical to the old issue 2 adult account (3% on up to £500 per month). I have added this to post 2 as well.

For the adult issue 3 account, as mentioned above, there are restrictions on who can open an account, essentially local or existing members. There are no such restrictions for the children's version. The children's version also comes with a free piggy bank.

I will do another update in 2 weeks' time.

SS2
    For those new to this thread, the first few posts are constantly updated and are here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...d.php?t=608697
  • Just returned from hols and am catching up with things. W.B. website states, "Initial deposit by cheque and standing order to be set up at account opening". Cheques have been used in the past to assist in money laundering investigations but has anyone who is an existing customer managed to open one with notes?
    I am currently just a bit too tired to trawl through their T + Cs to check how long they take for clearance and start looking for my cheque book.

Yes .. no problem at all.
  • You can have a Gold classic regular saver with Norwich & Peterborough and also open an e-regular saver with them online which is linked to your gold classic current account when you view online.
    "Look after your pennies and your pounds will look after themselves"
  • I successfully opened my West Brom Issue 2 with cash this morning using my Issue 1 passbook as ID.
    Two hours later, I had a 'phone call from them saying that I was ineligble to open one because I already had a Regsave. :mad:
    I pointed out that they were different issues and "a few people" had been successful in opening both issues. I referred them to Head Office for confirmation of their decision.
    Within 5 minutes they returned their call saying that they were glad to announce that my Issue 2 account would not be closed.
    Methinks that a spot of product training is required in view of bigjon's and my own experiences.
  • liamcov
    liamcov Posts: 615 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    If anyone has opened the Nottingham BS Summer Saver & Regular Saver in branch how did they want the first amounts - by cash in branch, cheque or will they allow me to transfer it online later in the day?
  • slush
    slush Posts: 108 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    You can have a Gold classic regular saver with Norwich & Peterborough and also open an e-regular saver with them online which is linked to your gold classic current account when you view online.

Yes you can. Both the OH and I have just that. Really helpful staff too. :beer:
  • liamcov wrote: »
    If anyone has opened the Nottingham BS Summer Saver & Regular Saver in branch how did they want the first amounts - by cash in branch, cheque or will they allow me to transfer it online later in the day?

Either. I took cash for my accounts whilst my other half transferred it later that day once they had a sort code and account number.

They did want evidence that we lived in an applicable post code when we first joined NBS though.

Good luck
  • liamcov wrote: »

I opened them with cash after I enquired how long it would take for a cheque to clear and was told 6 working days :eek:
    Every little helps ;)
  • slush wrote: »
    Yes you can. Both the OH and I have just that. Really helpful staff too. :beer:

And paying in £500 per month into Gold current account and then transferring £250 to each regular saver ensures you meet the conditions of the gold account and also your money is working hard for you!!!
    "Look after your pennies and your pounds will look after themselves"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport