Double glazing window estimate prices

Options
Dear All

My son has just bought his first house and is looking to have all windows and doors replaced (currently wood ones have rotten through).

The specifications are:

Lounge - 1800x1350
Lounge (side) - 600x1350
Kitchen - 1200x1050
Bathroom - 1200x600
Master bedroom - 1200x1200
Master bedroom (side) 600x1200
Bedroom 2 - 1200x1200
Bedroom 3 - 900x1200 (requires floating mullion)
Front door - 900x2100
French door - 1500x2100

All frames are rosewood on the outside and white inside.
Composite front door - 2 glazed and 2 panels. Bathroom and front door Cotswold glazing.

I should be grateful if you would provide a estimate of the costs of the supply and fitting for the above windows and doors. The location is in the south east of the country.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• lambo28
    lambo28 Posts: 191 Forumite
    Options
    Moderators, please remove thread as I have posted in the wrong forum. Thank you.
  • Stevie_Palimo
    Stevie_Palimo Posts: 3,306 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    What is the quote on the above specifications as I presume you did not measure and list all of that yourself.
  • TheCyclingProgrammer
    TheCyclingProgrammer Posts: 3,702 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 13 April 2017 at 7:04PM
    Options
    Finger in the air ballpark...anywhere from at lleast £6k to £8k, depending on your door and window configuration. It's not just about size but the number of opening casements and panels too. You may also need toughened glazing for some of them depending on their height from the floor.

Try justvaluedoors.co.uk as a starting point. You'll probably better off with a local firm but it should give you an idea. I based my estimate on an average price of £500 a window fitted, £1k for the french doors and £1k for the front door. The french doors might be a bit more, the front door a bit less but it depends on the manufacturer and style.

I'm probably underestimating here. For example, justvaluedoors.co.uk is about £600 for a 1200x1200 window with no openers, just a plain window. But you should be able to negotiate for a big order with a local supplier.
  • lambo28
    Options
    Thank you for the above information. The measurements were roughly taken by me as they might be a slightly off. He's getting quotes this weekend so keep you posted.
  • lambo28
    Options
    Dear All

So I have the following quote from local glazing shops with the specifications mentioned in my first post. I have highlighted the differences below.

Installer 1 £4901 - all the specs in the first post but liniar Upvc and composite door (wood and foam filled).
    Installer 2 £4950 -all the specs in the first post but triple glazing.
    Installer 3 £5760 - all the specs in the first post but a solidor

How are the quotes looking?

Thank you
  • Annie1960
    Annie1960 Posts: 3,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Do your quotes also include FENSA certificates? If not, you will need to ge Building Control to inspect, and this will incur a fee.
  • lambo28
    Options
    Annie1960 wrote: »
    Do your quotes also include FENSA certificates? If not, you will need to ge Building Control to inspect, and this will incur a fee.

Thanks. They all include a FENSA certification and 10 guarantee.
  • TheCyclingProgrammer
    Options
    Quotes seem ok to me, triple glazing probably not worth the extra, who manufactures the composite doors?
  • EssexExile
    EssexExile Posts: 6,138 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    lambo28 wrote: »
    Thanks. They all include a FENSA certification and 10 guarantee.
    Read the guarantee, it will only be 10 years on the profiles, nothing on the mastic & something in between on everything else.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
  • lambo28
    Options
    Quotes seem ok to me, triple glazing probably not worth the extra, who manufactures the composite doors?

Thank you.

Installer 1 - Door Smart
    Installer 2 - county collection, Phoenix doors
    Installer 3 - Solidor
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business