"Just Furnished" Stansted. Any good?

Hi I would like to buy some M&S sofas and remember reading about a warehouse near Stansted airport. Has anyone been there recently? Is it open on Sundays? and is it worth a drive of 90 mins? would love to go today if anyone could give me some answers!
Slightly bitter

Comments

• worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 10 May 2009 at 9:24AM
    from-
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1616161

There's also a place called You're Furnished which is in the shadow of Stansted Airport in Essex and another one in Stansted village near the auction house. They're large warehouses that sell good quality sofas, dining furniture and kitchens etc etc from some very well known quality names but at a much cheaper cost. Not been there for a long time so couldn't tell you what they've got in. Sorry :p HTH.

You're Furnished
    Rear Of
    16 Cambridge Road
    Stansted
    Essex CM24 8BZ
    Telephone:
    01279 815538

You're Furnished

Furniture
    The place to go for discounted furniture from your favourite stores including Marks & Spencer, Laura Ashley, House of Fraser, Lloyd Loom and (annoyingly) others we're not allowed to mention here at up to 60% off. All are quality products most in near perfect condition. They also stock a large range of branded quality kitchens at a fraction of the original price and provide a reasonably priced fitting service. Bathroom suites have recently been added to the bargains. Staff are very 'hands on' and can advise and guide customers through the enormous range of stock. Making the trip is well worth it, the warehouse is on the B1383 on the way out of Stansted Village and if the bargain item of your dreams is not here the staff will give you a map to another warehouse of bargains near Stansted airport. Fall in love on the High Street and be satiated at You're Furnished.

good review here-http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2005/sep/18/observercashsection.theobserver4
  • DianneB
    DianneB Posts: 884 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Thanks Jim, thats brilliant! all the info I need, you are a star!
    Slightly bitter
  • worried_jim
    Combo Breaker First Post
    DianneB wrote: »
    Thanks Jim, thats brilliant! all the info I need, you are a star!

Google is an amazing tool !
  • DianneB
    DianneB Posts: 884 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Google is an amazing tool !

I did try googling "Just furnished" and came up with a zillion pages about flat letting!! I just knew I'd get a better reply from an MSE'er!
    Slightly bitter
  • worried_jim
    Combo Breaker First Post
    all part of the service !
  • The_Boss
    The_Boss Posts: 5,849 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Sorry to bump this - thought it was better than a new thread. I've had a recommendation for You're Furnished but it seems their website is down - does anyon know if they are still trading and if they're any good?
  • You're Furnished Stansted if you're interested are having a massive sale starting this Friday 15th April, and continuing over Easter, still all the same major names in furniture.
  • lollol
    lollol Posts: 420 Forumite
    Is it still worth going to here for sofas and dining furniture?
  • The_Boss
    The_Boss Posts: 5,849 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    lollol wrote: »
    Is it still worth going to here for sofas and dining furniture?

They have some great dining sets. I have chester oak bed, bedside cabinets and tv cabinet so was looking at also getting a table and chairs to go with.

I've heard, which is unconfirmed, that they have closed down but not tried to get in touch with them. The Furniture Barn has similar products though and they deliver.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure