http://!!!!!!!.com/cgsp8tq

Insert pi$$ in link 1

Insert uniform resource locator in link 2
  • Why can't I post a !!!!!!! link?
  • Flyhigh
    Flyhigh Posts: 121
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Well - I'm a low end civil servant & from what I've read from my trade union newsletters (I'll believe them ahead of what politicians or other media say)...

- Government say public sector pensions are unsustainable - apparently the union has presented them with evidence that it is in fact sustainable.

- The extra money that the government are expecting me to pay isn't even going into the pension fund at all.

I'll have to pay an extra £60 PER MONTH (remember - LOW END civil servant). I'm not in any way an extravaggant person but I can't remember the last time I had £20 in my account at the end of the month & don't know how I'll be able to afford the extra.

Oh yes - I'm very much in favour of the strike!
    Thanks to all for posting
  • C_Mababejive
    C_Mababejive Posts: 11,647
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    None of the options apply to me.

I work in the private sector and am doing fine.

I only care about myself so i dont care who strikes or who doesnt.
    Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..
  • Jennifer_Jane
    Jennifer_Jane Posts: 3,237
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 28 November 2011 at 6:27PM
    Flyhigh wrote: »
    Well - I'm a low end civil servant & from what I've read from my trade union newsletters (I'll believe them ahead of what politicians or other media say)...

- Government say public sector pensions are unsustainable - apparently the union has presented them with evidence that it is in fact sustainable.

- The extra money that the government are expecting me to pay isn't even going into the pension fund at all.

I'll have to pay an extra £60 PER MONTH (remember - LOW END civil servant). I'm not in any way an extravaggant person but I can't remember the last time I had £20 in my account at the end of the month & don't know how I'll be able to afford the extra.

Oh yes - I'm very much in favour of the strike!

How much do you earn, Flyhigh? And, how old are you? And if you were in the private sector, earning what you are earning, how much would you be able to set aside for your Company pension?
  • Flyhigh
    Flyhigh Posts: 121
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    How much do you earn, Flyhigh? And, how old are you? And if you were in the private sector, earning what you are earning, how much would you be able to set aside for your Company pension?
    Other than what I earn (not discussing here!) & my age (reluctantly divulging...37) I can't answer any of your questions... Sorry:o
    Thanks to all for posting
  • I'm a member of one of the striking unions but, as my employee pension is private and not public, my pension is not affected so I am not able to strike. However, I'm fully behind those who are taking part in the strike.

Why are so many people so keen to race to the bottom; "I've got it bad therefore so should you"? Instead of telling people to live in the real world (really, they're not in a bubble!) why not question why private sector pensions are so dreadful? Does it not make more sense to focus on the financial institutions and ask them about the enormous fees they charge on private pension funds? I prefer to focus on making my life (and pension) better, rather than insisting that others lower their expectations or quality of life.
  • Just to be clear - I am a public sector worker AND I pay for my pension AND I pay taxes too!!!! Jeez! :mad:

I am so fed up hearing the private sector having a go at the public sector. This is exactly what the Tories want to happen. Their ideology does not support a strong public sector so they deliberately turn the private sector against us. Don't be fooled.

Surely if I feel secure in my public sector job and secure in my future I will spend my money in the private sector. Also if the private sector are not happy with their pensions then do something about it. Make CHOICES!!!
    PAD-ing Since 7/1/11 2012 - £2329.10 2011 - £4760.88 :money:
    NSD's April 10/10 Mar 11/12 Feb 11/12 Jan 8/8 :D
  • cattie1
    cattie1 Posts: 2,063 Forumite
    Whilst those in the private sector are in a hurry to condemn strikers, maybe if they consider those best suited/qualified to teach their children/look after them when they are sick etc. etc. they might take a different view - then again, maybe not.

bexster

I work in the private sector for a low wage, however due to the strike I will have to either take the day off work losing £40 or put my children in(a private sector) nursery for the day costing me £60 thanks to the people I trusted to teach and care for my children
    So I don't agree with it, also in my simplistic view, I pay taxes as well as public sector people but the difference being, part of my tax pays towards their pensions, I do not get the same benefit from their taxes, If I want a pension I have to pay for it all myself.

I have also been told I have to take on my responsibilty, and work more hours for less pay, but I wasn't entitled to strike (not that it would of helped) I was just grateful to still be lucky enough to have a job during these times.
    official dfw nerd club member no 214
    Proud to be dealing with my debts!;)
    Why is a person that handles your money called a broker?!:confused:
  • The poll seems to highlight the reality of opinion; the majority of support is from people in the puplic sector employ. The majority of 'opposition' is from private sector employed people.
    Me I am private sector. My best friend since school is puplic sector. Quess what; when we compared pensions packs his is worth over 4 times mine AND I pay more every month in contibutions.
    Even my friend says it is scewed nowardays. When he started the salary was lower than the private sector equivalent - but the added benefits were much greater. Now he gets paid same rate as private sector but still has the added benefits.
    No fair.
    If public sector wants the extra pension benefits (which i don't disagree with for one moment) it should pay extra for them - I would have to pay extra, why not public sector people?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure