Handheld steam cleaner

I want one of those hand cleaners for cleaning tiles, cooker,taps etc.
Does anyone have one or know of a decent one to buy?
Also, would it be safe to use on high gloss kitchen units? (Am thinking the hot steam could possibly damage the gloss)

Comments

• anotheruser
    anotheruser Posts: 3,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I bought one of these:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002ASWLFM

It's okay - not amazing but I can't compare it to anything else as I've only owned one.
    Don't get your hopes up too high though. It's not that great at blasting dirt away. Just like a pressure washer isn't that great for cleaning cars.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,887 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    moonpenny wrote: »
    I want one of those hand cleaners for cleaning tiles, cooker,taps etc.
    Does anyone have one or know of a decent one to buy?
    Also, would it be safe to use on high gloss kitchen units? (Am thinking the hot steam could possibly damage the gloss)

Personally I would buy a full size one that also can be taken apart and used as a hand held.

I have the Shark and its great as a hand held, its great for tiles, windows, taps, shower doors etc

I definitely wouldnt use it on gloss wrapped kitchen units though, my husband works for a kitchen company and a few times they have been asked if they can replace gloss doors where people have the kettle underneath them and the steam lifts the gloss wrap off of the door.
    Bear in mind that it is just a plastic gloss wrap on the door and not gloss paint (Assuming thats what you have?)
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • moonpenny
    moonpenny Posts: 2,430 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Thanks sarah1972
    That is very helpful. I do have the gloss wrapped units and am carefully not to have heat from toaster / kettle etc near them.
    It makes sense that the steam would have a bad effect on them.
    Will have to rethink.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,887 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    moonpenny wrote: »
    Thanks sarah1972
    That is very helpful. I do have the gloss wrapped units and am carefully not to have heat from toaster / kettle etc near them.
    It makes sense that the steam would have a bad effect on them.
    Will have to rethink.

I would use a microfibre cloth on them as that should leave you with a nice shine x
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Kernow666
    Kernow666 Posts: 3,480 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    I have one of these

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Beldray-Handheld-Steam-Cleaner-Orange/dp/B005JYOFD0

although I bought it at B&M for £17.99

great bit of kit for the price , I bought it to clean my car seats and the bathroom tiles and it works brilliantly :)
    "If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane"
  • Honestly, the handheld steam cleaner won't do any work. You will only give your money, even if you buy the more expensive one, you will not get the expected results. It is better to call a professional company, they have a really good steamers.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure