PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Is your heating ON or OFF?

Comments

• tr3mor
    tr3mor Posts: 2,325 Forumite
    I'm still sitting around the house in shorts and a t-shirt, you're all a bunch of pansy girls :p

Mind, we are in a top floor new build flat.
  • Not yet but was very tempted last night as it was freezing - sure it is only a matter of a week or so now, tho.
  • tiff
    tiff Posts: 6,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Put winter duvets on the kids beds last night, and on ours too. Wont put heating on yet, but maybe in the next couple of weeks.
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • no not yet. the children and hubby have been wearing jumpers. I am hoping that i can make it to next week.
  • FunkyFairy
    FunkyFairy Posts: 866 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    tr3mor wrote:
    I'm still sitting around the house in shorts and a t-shirt, you're all a bunch of pansy girls :p

Mind, we are in a top floor new build flat.

When i lived in the middle of 3 stories of flats we never had to put the heating on it was fab.
  • finc
    finc Posts: 1,095 Forumite
    Imelda wrote:
    My OH has Raynauds, he didn't tell me until we had been going out for a few weeks and I found the electric blanket and foot warmer......... I thought he was two-timing me with a granny! Just kidding, it is awful though and he refuses to take any meds. Do the meds you take make much difference?
    Yep, I've got an electric blanket too :o. It does work out cheaper to use than the heating though.

I've only been taking the meds about a year but I've had Raynauds for about 15 years. They definitely do work as they thin your blood and dilate the blood vessels to help improve circulation and when I take them I have very few occasions of 'dead' extremities. I am quite bad with it though, I can lose all feeling in my hands and feet for over an hour and it's very painful when I start to defrost. I also lose the feeling in my nose and lips which is very odd :rotfl:.

The only downside of them is I get bad headaches when I take them but only for the first 3-4 weeks then my body gets used to them and they stop.

There are natural alternatives such as gingko biloba and evening primrose which used to work for me but unfortunately no longer do.

Sorry for the OT ramble, but my heating still isn't on :D
    :smileyhea
  • Not yet!! Had to shut the window last night though as it was getting a bit nippy, going to hold out on the leccy if I can for a while!!
    Official DFW Nerd no. 082! :cool:
    Debt @ 01/01/2014 £16,956 Debt now: £0.00 :j
    Aims:[STRIKE] clear debt, get married, buy a house[/STRIKE] :D ALL DONE!!
  • earthmother
    earthmother Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    We've had ours on for a few days now.

Hubby is disabled and feels the cold quicker than most (also makes pain worse). Add to that a single glazed house and a baby that has developed a snotty cold, and the thermostat is sitting on about 21 over night already.

Dread the bills :(
    DFW Nerd no. 884 - Proud to [strike]be dealing with[/strike] have dealt with my debts
  • Wickedkitten
    Wickedkitten Posts: 1,868 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    The OH was wanting to turn ours on the other night but I told him no because it isn't cold enough yet so after some grumbling he went and put his fleece on.

I don't know what they say about women feeling the cold more acutely than men, but it definitely is backwards in our house lol.
    It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.
  • Becles
    Becles Posts: 13,164 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    I've given in!

It comes on for an hour in the morning to take the chill off. An hour at lunchtime, as I normally have a rest in the afternoon, and an hour on an evening so it's warm after baths/showers.

Got a thermostat though and as there's sun streaming through keeping the house warm today, it hasn't come on at lunchtime.
    Here I go again on my own....
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure