Mattress help

Ok, so Im looking for a kingsize pocket sprung mattress with either memory foam or latex, obviously as good quality as I can for my budget.

What brands should I be looking at as it seems to be a bit of a minefield out there.

Mattresses that Ive liked so far are:

Dura Beds Silver Active equivalent (made under shops own brand)
Lay Z Boy Pocket 1000 and 2000 - My worry with these are that the springs look to be encapsulated in reflex foam, I find these extremely comfy but something is telling me to steer clear.

Hypnos I liked a few but they seem pricey and I haven't tried any that I really loved although I like the fact that the fillings are natural. I feel that I could get more for my money if I get a lesser known brand though.

I know La Romantica was touted for a long time on here, maybe the Madrid would suit me?

With the Dura Beds mattress, I found it extremely comfortable but the 3000 pocket springs made me think that some of the springs wouldn't be great inside and I don't know what the quality would be like in general.

Kozeesleep I like the sounds of as well and may take a trip up to the Birmingham showroom today for a look.

For recommendations I run pretty hot so am looking for something that will help keep me cool at night.

Thanks in advance

Dan

Comments

• V_Debt
    V_Debt Posts: 72 Forumite
    Update - I went to a few local bed shops and the ones my partner and myself liked were the following:

Sealy Napoili 1200 (apparently a which best buy mattress)
    Hypnos Althorp
    One of their own brand mattresses which was basically a La Romantica 1000 pocket sprung mattress with a Tencel cover.
    A few other more expensive Sealys which I won't mention unless I find them on sale within budget.

My gut is that the Hypnos will be of better quality than the Sealy but I wonder if the way the Sealy contours to my body with the latex layer would be better for my somewhat young but battered body (lower back problems and general aches and pains)

Any opinions on the above please??
  • V_Debt
    V_Debt Posts: 72 Forumite
    Here was me thinking this was where all the bed chat went on..

How wrong was I! Lol
  • In general ... there are 3 "rules" which I would follow in considering or choosing a memory foam mattress which will help to cut through the confusion of hundreds of "unknown memory foams" ... many of which have questionable quality or worse. These are ...
    1. Know that the manufacturer of the foam is listed on the Certi-Pur (or another testing organization) site.
    2. Know the actual density of the memory foam they are using.
    3. Know the density of the polyfoam used in the support layers under the memory foam.
    At the time when I did my research I found a lot of info
    If you are purchasing online ... make sure that the return costs are not so large (return shipping and restocking fees etc) that they would in effect force you keep a low budget mattress, even if it was completely unsuitable for you, because the cost of returning it was more than it was worth to do so.

Hope this helps
  • Matracos
    Matracos Posts: 10 Forumite
    Selecting a mattress, is purely a matter of personal choice. Each person has their own perspective and the reviews may vary. My suggestion of buying a Leesa mattress, would not be acceptable for some. Each person's sleeping style, postures and needs vary. As such, their mattress needs differ from others. For some, memory foam mattress provides a deep sleep, while for others, it is an overheating mattress.

But, if asked me, I would say, Loom and Leaf. The Loom and Leaf mattress comes with 4 different layers to perfectly contour to your body. It comes with a
    >> 2.0” gel foam
    >> 2.5” visco-elastic memory foam
    >> 2.0” transitional foam
    >> 5.0” support foam

You can also try using Lucid 14-inch plush memory foam mattress. They offer 3 layers of high quality foam, to create a luxurious and supportive mattress, with a plush top. It comes with
    >> 4.0” memory foam
    >> 1.0” bamboo charcoal-infused memory foam quilted in the cover
    >> 3.0” ventilated gel memory foam layer.
    >> 10.0” high density base foam for optimum support
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport