The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Shredding lbs and £'s in 2013....

Comments

• Choc-addict
    Choc-addict Posts: 1,894 Forumite
    beanielou wrote: »
    Good luck with the dreaded shred & the debt busting :grin:

Thank you! I'm feeling the dreaded shred now and the excited about the debt busting. Just want payday to arrive so I can begin the next phase!!!!
  • Choc-addict
    Is it really Sunday evening already?? Where has this weekend gone??

Well I worked my last bit of overtime for the year of 2012 today :j I now won't be working any weekends and also have all of the Chritsmas and NY period off of work. It's the first time ever since I started working that I have had the whole Christmas period off and I really can't wait for a rest :D

Did 4th day of the 30 day shred today and I can actually say it's beginning to get easier! I have ordered another dvd (same trainer) so I can alternate them. This combined with a bit of running and swimming should make a good all round fitness regime. I can't wait to start noticing a difference.

Nothing to report of the money front. Waiting for payday which is this Friday and then the fun and games begin!

Choc x
  • Sounds fabulous, it will get easier and you'll be ready for the next challenging workout. Shedding £'s and lbs is the way to go! x
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Hi choclover

I have a debt from before hubby too and hubby does the same thing with paying for hols etc too. Such stars aren't they?

Good luck with the shred. I started it a while back but pulled a leg muscle. I was going to start again but found out I was pregnant. I'm ashamed to say the baby is 18 months now and I still haven't restarted it.:o I did enjoy it though, even when it hurt. Perhaps it's time again.

Good luck with the debt/weight busting.

Parsniphead
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • Choc-addict
    Hey Parsniphead (love the name!) - hubbys are great! We're lucky ladies :)

Lol at the 18 month break - I think it's allowed though as i'm sure little one keeps you active!!

Choc x
  • Choc-addict
    Yesterday was spent visiting family and friends (day off). Now back to reality and work. Only four days though and already half way through today :)

Need to do my dvd this evening as didn't get chance to do it yesterday. Hubby and I got home and decided to start tackling the spare room/office. Needless to say it was a bigger task than we thought and i'm now surrounded by choas (I work from home!) we had about 2 years of paperwork to go though. Thank goodness we've done it. Loads of books/dvds etc to sort and somehow everything that doesn't have a "place" is in this room. Hopefully by the end of this evening it'll be done.

This weekend we are having wooden flooring put in the lounge. Already had hall and conservatory done and I was hoping to keep carpet in the lounge but it just can't be with our pooch - she just brings a trail of dirt with her so wooden flooring it has to be as I can not stand to look at it any more. More for my sanity than clean floors, honestly!! :rotfl:Hubby and mums partner will do it so should be relatively cheap - just cost of the flooring and bits itself. Although not that cheap actually if I really think about it :eek: Hey ho, got to be done.

Nothing else to report. still waiting for payday on Friday. I'll report back when I do my dvd!

Choc x
  • scattymam1
    scattymam1 Posts: 1,045 Forumite
    good luck with everything choc-addict. you seem very positive...and i just noticed your signature, wow, massive debt busting, can u give us tips as you go along...please x
  • Hey Scattymam1 :wave: ...... I have no tips as honestly the most unorganised person in the world at times! I originally made arrangements with creditors (still do so with most) and have just thrown as much money as I can at them. I'm lucky in that hubby is supportive (debts prior to him!) and he pays for more re hols and household until such times as its cleared.

I honestly feel on home straight. Kind of snowballing now, pay minimums and put aside £400 per month into savings until I have enough saved to clear the lowest debt then I clear that and add what I save by clearing it to the monthly savings. So next debt I clear should be one I pay £70 per month too so after I have cleared it in full I will start to save £470 per month until the next one has gone. It's hard slog and I would love to spend the £400 odd a month on something else rather than save it to clear debts but it has to be done....by the end of this year I hope to be debt free.

Right enough wafflings from me....I do it far too much! ;)

Choc x
  • Just logging on to say will be MIA for a few days as having flooring done in house and it's chaos! No time for anything else but work today and then sorting as we go over the weekend.

Hope to report back a happy de-cluttered and organised choc come Monday!

Have a good weekend :D
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,801
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Hope all goes well.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure