The 'No More Buying DVDs Until I Have Watched the Ones I Already Own' Thread

Comments

• InaPickle wrote: »
    (Unless I can count all the children's books I read when I went shopping for some presents - I read at least 6, so I would easily have hit my target. Ooooh canIcanIcanIcanIcanI?! :j :rotfl: Oh, OK then. No. :(;))

I would always say that childrens books count as long as you own them and you haven't read them yet! You can't discount books from the total just because they are short!!

Finished Series 6 of criminal minds last night :j (but bought 2 more box sets - I don't think I've quite got the hang of this!! :o)
    No more buying books Books in 2016 = 20.
    Target for 2018 = 7/21
    No more buying DVDs ? 2018 target 27/52

Sealed pot challenge member #1733
  • InaPickle
    InaPickle Posts: 5,968 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 21 December 2011 at 7:29PM
    blindtoast wrote: »
    I would always say that childrens books count as long as you own them and you haven't read them yet! You can't discount books from the total just because they are short!!

Boo! :( Well, I bought three of them, so can I count them at least?! :p
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    No More Buying Books: ???
    No More Buying DVDs: ???
    NMB Toiletries ??? and I've gone back for my Masters at the University of Use Ups!
    P
    roud to be dealing with her debts 1198~

• Can I join i? (I'm on a roll joining challenges today) I have so many DVD's/Box sets I need to get through, we also have LoveFilm and movie channels so there really is no excuse for me to buy DVD's at all!

Now off to slope off to the no more books challenge :o
  • Been on a bit of a roll over the last couple of days (been able to watch films at work which helps a lot! :D). Unfortunately the ones I've watched don't really count as I don't own any of them (they're all ones I've borrowed off various people over the last year or so :o - thought it was about time I got them back to their owners!)

Watched 'The girl who played with fire', 'The 1st great train robbery', 'Dale and tucker vs Evil' and 'Fried green tomatoes at the whistlestop cafe'. The only one of mine I've been watching is 'The Cape' S1 which I now only have one episode left of, which I should manage to watch tomorrow and be able to tick one of my own off!

Have just borrowed 'Captain America' which I'm looking forward to watching.
    Target for 2018 = 7/21

• InaPickle
    Combo Breaker First Post
    FannyAdams wrote: »
    Can I join i? (I'm on a roll joining challenges today) I have so many DVD's/Box sets I need to get through, we also have LoveFilm and movie channels so there really is no excuse for me to buy DVD's at all!

Now off to slope off to the no more books challenge :o

Welcome FannyAdams! :D The more the merrier, especially at this time of year! ;)

I must confess to having bought a DVD: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2. It's OK, though, as it's a present for my aunt, and has duly been dispatched. Still haven't watched any more, though. :o
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    NMB Toiletries ??? and I've gone back for my Masters at the University of Use Ups!
    P

• Another off my list today - I've finished "The Cape". I have also watched Bubba Ho-Tep which I borrowed off someone about a year ago - very odd film!
    Target for 2018 = 7/21

• Have now started "Huff" - a series I bought a couple of months ago
    Target for 2018 = 7/21

• InaPickle
    Combo Breaker First Post
    :xmastree:Merry Christmas to our merry band of DVD watchers! :xmastree:

I hope you haven't all asked Santa for lots of shiny new DVDs! ;) :rotfl:

In case we don't see each other before the new year, have a fabulous start to a DVD decluttering 2012 as well. ;)

I've been pretty pants at this challenge this year :o, possily cos I've been focusing on books more, so here is to doing better next year and if I'm a good girl, I might manage to get a few more DVDs watched between now and the new year. :)

All the best.

Pickle
    :)
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    P

• blindtoast
    blindtoast Posts: 447 Forumite
    Hi everyone, Happy New Year! :wave:

I only got/bought 3 dvds over Christmas (Spooks S9, Castle S1 and Torchwood children of Earth) - don't think that's too bad!

I also knocked another off my list over the festive period - X-Men 1st class - very enjoyable. Hoping to manage a few more this year than last - and maybe have a yearly target (as I've still not counted my unwatched ones!).

Think I'll go for 26 not including borrowed and Lovefilm - one every 2 weeks doesn't seem unreasonable!
    Target for 2018 = 7/21

• Although I haven't watched any more of my DVDs I had to report that I was very proud of my willpower the other day. I was buying a CD from the internet and a dvd boxset slipped into my basket :o but then when i went to checkout I had a moment of thinking that I didn't need this dvd as I have lots of series' to watch so I should leave it until I have nothing else to watch so I removed it from the basket and only bought the cd! :D
    Target for 2018 = 7/21

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills