The 'No More Buying DVDs Until I Have Watched the Ones I Already Own' Thread

Options

Comments

• mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    Watched the kids are alright - that's gone on the CS bag.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Watched 'Charlie St. Cloud', 'exodus-gods and kings' both good but one watchers so going in the CS bag.
    Just about to put 'Elvis has left the building' on
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Stood about 15mins of Elvis has left the building - it's now in CS bag. Watched 'the reader'-Kate winslet 'the witch finder'-vin diesel 'the contender'- us political drama,
    Watched about 25 mins of eat pray love - it just wasn't doing anything for either of us so that's in the CS bag.
    SPC~12 ot 124

• mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Watched a war film yesterday that will go to work for one of DHs friends 'age of heroes' it was a good watch with lots of action (Sean bean)
    Watched 'inglorious b@%^*€d$' last night, didn't enjoy it so glad Dh said he's happy for it to go as well.
    Going to watch the lovely bones tonight, I read the book which was good but creepy so think the film will be a one watch.
    SPC~12 ot 124

• blindtoast
    Options
    You are rattling through your films Mrs-Moneypenny - very impressive!

I liked Lovely Bones - I liked how visual it was and I thought they filmed the difficult plot lines well.

We've watched half of The Greatest Game Ever Played and enjoyed it so far - will finish it this week.
    No more buying books Books in 2016 = 20.
    Target for 2018 = 7/21
    No more buying DVDs ? 2018 target 27/52

Sealed pot challenge member #1733
  • mrs-moneypenny
    edited 24 October 2016 at 2:32PM
    Options
    You are right toast, I did enjoy the film and it was well done. Some of th story was missed out that was in the book so felt some bits didn't make sense. For example there was no mention of the mums affair with the policeman who took charge of the case. And the middle ground before heaven allowing those taken too early or traumatically to come to terms with what had happened wasn't really fullying clear, in the book there was a big conversation in that area between some of the victims where they diescussed the perfect murder weapon to extract revenge on their killers and it was decided the icicle would be ideal as it dissolved away without a trace making both fingerprints and weapon disappear as it melted. Without the discussion the end of the film didn't have the same impact.
    Now I've watched it I won't watch it again so it's going to be passed on.

Half term is over now and Dh is back at work so I think the speed we are watching will slow down again.

Glad you are enjoying the greatest game, I liked that as well.

Bag of 20 DVDs went to work with me at lunchtime, I left them in the staff room with a note telling colleagues to help them selves as what is left on Friday will go to the local CS. Dh took 3 to work with him for friends and I've saved one for my mum.
    SPC~12 ot 124

• BACKFRMTHEEDGE
    Options
    I'm Back!

Tried to watch Broadwalk Empire which I was given as a gift - hated it - so gave up after 3 episodes - gave it to the CS.
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step

Savings For Kids 1st Jan 2019 £16,112
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Backfromtheedge sometimes you just have to concede something is just not for you and let it go. Better that than wasting night after night watching something you don't enjoy. Dd3 and her partner loved it so someone will be happy to buy it from the CS. You've done a good turn.

Nipped in the staffroom and there were no DVDs left at all so happy that all 20 have found new homes.

Ds1 is gaming tonight and Dh is dozing so I'm going to read a book
    SPC~12 ot 124

• Huskyrunner
    Options
    :Th
    I'm Back!

Tried to watch Broadwalk Empire which I was given as a gift - hated it - so gave up after 3 episodes - gave it to the CS.

I watched all 3-4 series of it i will never get that time back lol

The dvds went too ziffit and i got cashback too for selling them but i want that timr back lol

Working through blacklist at the minute :-)
    debts 16550
    Mortgage 69500
  • BACKFRMTHEEDGE
    Options
    Working through Blacklist at the minute :-)

I've been watching that on Tivo. Thought the early seasons were better than the later ones. The 4th (and new) season is about to start on Sky Living (I think.)
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step

Savings For Kids 1st Jan 2019 £16,112
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family