Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    MercilessKiller
    0 WOW
    Phone number for your pc - FREE incoming calls!
    • 22nd Aug 05, 1:05 AM
    0 WOW
    Phone number for your pc - FREE incoming calls! 22nd Aug 05 at 1:05 AM
    Well this may be attractive to everyone involved in VOIP:

http://www.sipgate.co.uk/user/index.php

This site allows you to have a phone number for your pc. You can choose if its an area code number, 0845 or 0870 number...

All you need to do is sign up, and then download a program called X-Lite (for free with instructions on the sipgate site).

This then allows people to call that number at normal local rate charges and it will ring on your pc and using a headset or microphone and speakers, you can talk through your pc.

For free you can also set up voicemail and check it from wherever you are in the world as well.

Optionally you can upload credit and make calls world wide for a much cheaper charge.

Out of experience the quality is excellent. Very easy to understand people.
    Last edited by MSE Archna; 24-08-2005 at 12:23 PM.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,058Posts Today

6,287Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • On train home from Birmingham. Had dinner by the canal there this evening. Lovely area, very sunny and picturesque.

• Fantastic run by new UK star Zharnell Hughes in @BritAthletics #BritishChamps 200m.I was v proud to present the medal http://t.co/sSSXpM1SBZ

• Ok a wee bit chuffed. Just been asked if I'd like to present a medal at #Britishchamps, someone is now missing a hand as I bit it off!

• Follow Martin